Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:23:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Andre Johnson: Non-Asshole
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Andre Johnson: Non-Asshole  (Read 3378 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:52:59 pm »

With all the bad news about people shooting themselves, etc., I figured some good news was appropriate.  Dude drops 19K to kids in Child Protective Services for X-mas gifts.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 05:53:57 pm »

Always nice to see good news.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 06:35:12 pm »

Class act indeed.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 06:59:08 pm »

Toys R Us!  Good move.  WalMart sucks! Smiley

Nice to see reports of someone doing something good for a change.
Landshark
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 07:28:52 pm »

$19,000 is very little to him but it will mean a lot to kids who would otherwise have no Christmas at all.  Good to see such a heartwarming gesture.  This guy is an elite receiver on the field and a class act off of it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 09:08:45 pm »

A real superstar would have wrapped them all himself... Wink

Andre = Class

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 04:20:43 pm »

Toys R Us!  Good move.  WalMart sucks! Smiley

Agreed.....I know I am in the minority but I hate Walmart. My company gives Walmart gift crads at Thanksgiving to all of the employees and because I refuse to shop there I give it to one of the girls in the office to buy canned goods with for our company Christmas food drive that we donate.

[/endhijack]

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:42:26 pm »

I'm really happy that Andre is doing this, but what I REALLY want for Christmas is for him to score some damn TDs for my fantasy team! Grin  He's been killing me this season.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:44:06 pm by mecadonzilla » Logged
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 09:05:44 am »

I saw this floating around on Facebook.  Very cool move.  Hopefully this will inspire some of his peers to do the same...

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 09:13:20 am »

I'm really happy that Andre is doing this, but what I REALLY want for Christmas is for him to score some damn TDs for my fantasy team! Grin  He's been killing me this season.

After weeks of no production I finally benched him the week him blew up for 33 points. Grrr. If given the choice after last week's poor showing, would you start him or DeMarco Murray at flex? I already have AJ Green and Vincent Jackson at WR and Rice and TRich at RB. Sorry to derail the thread. -EK
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 10:52:28 am »

I've given up on research for WR.  I started Gordon, from the Browns last week, BY ACCIDENT.  Dude hauled in over 30 points for me.  How does that happen in the real world?

What a strange fantasy season!  Sorry for the hijack!!! 

-Voltaire
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 11:02:12 am »

I have been scrounging for a RB all season.  Been riding sub-par numbers (10-14 a week) from my starting backs because Dez Bryant has been a beast and is carrying my team.

Sorry for the hijack!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 11:26:34 am »

I saw this floating around on Facebook.  Very cool move.  Hopefully this will inspire some of his peers to do the same...

I think more of them do than you know.  Not every time a player does something good, does he call his marketing agent to make sure it goes viral. Some just do it quietly. 

I do know I have read more stories about the NEP team and players doing good deeds than I have for all 31 other teams combined.  While it is possible that the NEP players and Kraft are more of humanitarians  than the other teams, I doubt that is the case, but simply that the local papers are much more likely to report that Tom Brady hosted a party for underprivileged kids than they are to report that Tannehill did.  And I suspect the Miami paper likewise is more likely to report about the deeds of Dolphins than the Pats.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 11:33:15 am »

They probaby do, but if more did because "they never thought of it before" it would be pretty cool.

-Voltaire
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 01:42:31 pm »

Yeah....the Dolphins, I assume the rest of the NFL, as well, is always doing charity stuff, both individually and as a team.  TDMMC is involved in a charity thing for the Dolphins every single year.  When we do web weekend, part of it is some kind of volunteer work.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray