Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:19:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Uniforms...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Print
Author Topic: New Uniforms...  (Read 76410 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2013, 11:48:56 am »

I like that logo even more on the white helmet...that looks cool as hell.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2013, 11:50:47 am »

I don't mind the feel of that style logo with a white helmet/facemask.

As for the talk I'm hearing about changing helmet colors, most of you guys tout the heat and Miami sun as an advantage. Why in the world would they go with a dark helmet and reduce any sort of advantage? Besides, I think that white on white looks pretty cool.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:32 am »

I agree - the Dolphin should be slanted up more.

I'd like it better if they did something like the seahawks where the Dolphin wraps around the back of the helmet from the dorsal fin forward.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2013, 11:54:45 am »

Meh, I think that would look too much like a 2-headed snake.  The Seahawk logo wouldn't work if the bird had a body.  It's just a head with stripes.

I think it's a good size as is.

bsfins
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2013, 12:56:40 pm »

edit: I'm not sure if that's legit.  It seems like there's a version of the logo with a navy blue belly and a version with a dark aqua belly.

The Logo I tweeked is based off your signature logo...(the one most people believe is the legit) it's blue bellied,but just not a dark prominent Blue...
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2013, 01:39:04 pm »

The one from the leaked Nike product was navy-bellied, though.  Maybe it was the camera?

On second thought, maybe they weren't lying about the "old aqua" claims.  Maybe the new uniforms have switched from the '97 aqua/navy/orange to '70s aqua/'97 aqua/orange.

Personally, I liked the navy, but it could work.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:42:03 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2013, 02:14:48 pm »

I don't see a difference between the Nike picture and the logo in your signature. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2013, 03:11:43 pm »

What concerns me about the logo on the helmet is the "tilt" of it.  It's so long from left to right that it wraps around the back.  I liked the other logo because it was "stockier" and fit all on the side.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2013, 03:43:12 pm »

The coloration in the photo there, and in the logo in Spidey's signature are completely different to my eyes, and I'd bet that is due to three factors:

1) Lighting...heavy on the lighting.
2) Camera...and a photo a little out of focus
3) Format...one logo is a photo of a screenprint on fabric, and the other a digital creation for the screen.

I do like the pale darker blue used for the underbelly and the dorsal shadow...You need that third color, and it doesn't dominate the primary aqua shade at all, imo.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2013, 04:15:27 pm »

I like that logo even more on the white helmet...that looks cool as hell.

I agree and the white face-mask on the white helmet really works as well. I like it
bsfins
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2013, 05:47:08 pm »

While it looks more shark like,this one is my personal preference of them all...It won the 99 designs contest..
http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/designs-community-contest-help-miami-dolphins-nfl-team-191400/brief

They made it look dirty,I'd prefer a clean version...Overall I like it the best...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:48:44 pm by Lil B » Logged
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2013, 07:47:26 pm »

While it looks more shark like,this one is my personal preference of them all...It won the 99 designs contest..
http://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/designs-community-contest-help-miami-dolphins-nfl-team-191400/brief

They made it look dirty,I'd prefer a clean version...Overall I like it the best...

Yeah, that one's not too bad, actually.
el diablo
« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2013, 08:52:51 pm »

I would definitely get behind that.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2013, 09:15:16 pm »

Not a fan of the new logo, but this one is atrocious.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2013, 11:00:30 pm »

Just for comparison this is how the Vikings are "teasing" their new look. Wonder if their's will get "leaked" as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5AP-YjkO_U&feature=youtu.be
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray