Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:44:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I want "hard" NFL news.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I want "hard" NFL news.  (Read 2717 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 05:41:16 pm »

^^^ Yeah, PFT is good. You might also look into the Playbook shows on NFLN (AFC Playbook, NFC Playbook).

I'm like you, Dave...I don't need more hype, I don't need any BS and I don't need any human interest stuff about some player visiting a kid in the hospital. What I want to know is that the reason that Team A was able to stop Team B's rushing attack last weekend is because they rotated the strong safety into the box and dropped the OLB into coverage...that sort of thing. And then I want to see it diagrammed, on tape, so I can appreciate the little nuances that go into the play execution.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 07:12:57 pm »

OK, so I don't know if this is the specific show you're talking about, but I switched over to the timeslot of this "SportsTalk" on NBC Sports.  Instead, they had a show on called Pro Football Talk.

It was fantastic and exactly what I was talking about.  No BS, no jokes, no comments about "heart" and "drive".  They analyzed the NFL and this week it was all about teams that were moving around GMs and coaches.  I loved it.  Great job with the recommendation, MikeO.  THanks.

You're Welcome!!! Yeah Pro Football Talk is what I meant, I got the name confused because there is another show called SportsTalk. Yeah the show is awesome! It really is.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray