Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:50:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Jury is deliberating in the Aaron Hernandez trial
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Jury is deliberating in the Aaron Hernandez trial  (Read 30290 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 09:45:24 am »

Mike Vick hurt dogs. Hernandez shot and killed another human being and more than just once and has ties to violent Gangs.  It's a bad comparison

But if he's found not guilty...

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:09 am »

Ray Lewis?

Ray Lewis didn't kill anyone. He gave misleading information to the police and denied (lied) being at the scene of a murder.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:37 am »

But if he's found not guilty...

Being found not guilty and being innocent are 2 different things.

OJ was found "not guilty" but then lost a civil suit because the evidence was so overwhelming that he did kill 2 people
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 10:28:01 am »

Here's the interesting question... If Hernandez is found innocent of all charges, is there any chance he gets back in the NFL?

Do you mean all three murder charges?   Because if he walks on this one, he's going to be immediately re-arrested and charged with those other two murders from 2012.  The time to investigate those would take at least two more years.   That would wipe out four seasons for him.  Who knows what skills he will have left after that?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 10:40:41 am »

Ray Lewis didn't kill anyone. He gave misleading information to the police and denied (lied) being at the scene of a murder.
And if Hernandez is found not guilty, how is the result different from Ray Lewis?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 10:54:40 am »

And if Hernandez is found not guilty, how is the result different from Ray Lewis?

Totally different. Just because the prosecution does a poor job and Hernandez walks doesn't mean he didn't do it. Lewis was never on trial for murder, he was a witness for the prosecution
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 11:11:47 am »

Lewis was never on trial for murder, he was a witness for the prosecution

You misremember (Thank you Roger Clemens, I love that word). Lewis was indeed on trial for the murder charge but took a plea deal after it started and became a witness.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 11:22:58 am »

Mike Vick hurt dogs. Hernandez shot and killed another human being and more than just once and has ties to violent Gangs.  It's a bad comparison
It is a bad comparison, in that the general public is far more outraged about killing dogs than killing adult humans.

And yes, Lewis was originally a murder suspect but pled down in exchange for his testimony.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 10:04:50 am »

And yes, Lewis was originally a murder suspect but pled down in exchange for his testimony.
You can be a suspect but if the prosecution thought he was THE murderer, I doubt they'd offer him a plea deal.  They don't really do that to prime suspects.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 10:35:37 am »

^^^ He was more than a suspect. That is the complete wrong term. He was a co-defendant. The trial had started before he took a plea deal.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 05:10:31 pm »

Here's the interesting question... If Hernandez is found innocent of all charges, is there any chance he gets back in the NFL?

If Hernandez if found innocent of all charges, he has a second pending murder case against him.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 06:10:20 pm »

If Hernandez if found innocent of all charges, he has a second pending murder case against him.

That was understood when I posted the question. I used the phrase "found innocent of all charges" to encompass any new charges beyond the current trial.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 11:39:10 am »

It is a bad comparison, in that the general public is far more outraged about killing dogs than killing adult humans.

It was obvious that Lewis didn't commit the murder, but he was a member of the group that took part in the altercation that left those two men dead.   He was there and he knew who did.  There's a reason why the prosecution cut a plea deal with him.  They knew their case against him was shaky at best.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2015, 12:12:58 pm »

That was understood when I posted the question. I used the phrase "found innocent of all charges" to encompass any new charges beyond the current trial.

The answer is still no. It would take a couple more years still. Too much time.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 12:40:09 pm »

Is anyone else concerned about the length of the deliberations? This is the fifth day and I think they called it fairly early on some of the other days they went home. I'm expecting this might not go as I imagined.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray