Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2026, 04:03:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Zimmerman Shot in Road Rage incident
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Zimmerman Shot in Road Rage incident  (Read 16734 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 17897


cf_dolfan
« on: May 11, 2015, 03:55:59 pm »

He only had minor injuries but he was shot through the passenger window of his truck by a guy he has history with. It only grazed him. I have to wonder if this guy thought he could do a drive by and get away with it seeing as how many people are after him.
Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31361

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 04:10:18 pm »

I read a report that said it was a road rage incident.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 04:39:24 pm »

There are all kinds of reports. I'm hearing he was only injured by flying glass debris from the window now.
Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 17897


cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 04:40:54 pm »

He has history with the guy so it's definitely more than just normal road rage. Yes ... I can't believe I just wrote normal road rage as if any road rage should ever be considered normal.

Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
bsmooth
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 4639


I love YaBB 1G - SP1!


« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 01:37:16 am »

I saw one report where the shooter stated that Zimmerman pulled out a pistol, and so he fired out of fear.
Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 09:27:23 am »

I don't know if we discussed it here or not. Last year Zimmerman was in another road rage incident in the same area. This guy's history with Zimmerman was that incident. I'm with CF, there has to be something more to the story. Two men in two separate road incidents is just too much coincidence.
Logged
Rich
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1259


« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 11:12:33 am »

This guy can't help himself. The number of incidents he has had since being acquitted is ridiculous. It's as if he has an addiction to conflict.

You were charged with murder and you were acquitted. That should have been some sort of wake up call to do everything possible to stay away from trouble. Instead, he seems to be running into more and more trouble ever since being acquitted.

He's going to wind up dead or in jail.
Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31361

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 11:18:33 am »

This guy is like OJ.  He's guilty, but found not guilty because of who knows what, and instead of just being thankful and getting out of the spotlight, he continues to be a problem.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 16740


Bay Area Niner-Hater


« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 11:28:46 am »

Casey Anthony is a model citizen compared to this scumbag.  At least she isn't trying desperately to put herself in a situation to kill another toddler.
Logged

Rich
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1259


« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »

This guy is like OJ.  He's guilty, but found not guilty because of who knows what, and instead of just being thankful and getting out of the spotlight, he continues to be a problem.

Just my opinion, but he was found not guilty because the prosecution overcharged. He was charged with Murder 2. There was no way he was going to be found guilty of Murder 2 given the injuries he sustained in the encounter and the conflicting and evolving eye witness testimony. The burden of proof was too much. Maybe they should have gone after voluntary manslaughter or some other lesser charge. Do not know the specifics of Florida law.

I wouldn't be overly shocked if the State purposely overcharged Zimmerman so he could walk.
Logged
SCFinfan
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1644



Email
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 12:22:17 pm »

Casey Anthony is a model citizen compared to this scumbag.  At least she isn't trying desperately to put herself in a situation to kill another toddler.

Casey Anthony had a brilliant lawyer. Or so he says...

http://baezlawfirm.com/attorneys/

I'm sorry, but the mention of her name reminded me of Mr. Baez. What an absolutely hilarious self-aggrandizing website.
Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 12:27:42 pm »

Maybe they should have gone after voluntary manslaughter or some other lesser charge. Do not know the specifics of Florida law.

I wouldn't be overly shocked if the State purposely overcharged Zimmerman so he could walk.

If I remember correctly Florida law includes lesser charges when charged with something like this. So a murder 2 charge could actually become a manslaughter conviction. if so, there is no such thing as overcharging.
Logged
Rich
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1259


« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 12:35:40 pm »

If I remember correctly Florida law includes lesser charges when charged with something like this. So a murder 2 charge could actually become a manslaughter conviction. if so, there is no such thing as overcharging.

The judge can allow the jury to consider lesser charges and in this case she did. But I think that actually hurts the changes of a lesser charge as it adds another layer for the jury to consider and it could make the prosecution's confidence in the case appear.
Logged
SCFinfan
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1644



Email
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 12:37:44 pm »

More to the point of this thread:

Had I been Zimmerman's lawyer, I would've told him to keep a low profile. I don't think he has an "addiction to conflict" because, if he did, he wouldn't appear as cooperative as he usually appears towards the police: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trayvon-martin-case-george-zimmerman-quiet-and-cooperative-back-in-fla-jail/

and also:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/us/texas-zimmerman-traffic-violation/ (watch the video)

Police, believe it or not, are lightening rods for controversy. If Zimmerman wanted a fight, it would've been easy not to surrender, to run (like, say, OJ) or to fight a cop a few weeks after a trial which could've effectively sentenced him to life in prison ends in his favor (when he's probably still flooded with emotions and jittery).

So, whatever this is, it sucks. I feel bad for him, and not because I like him, but rather because I think that he's an easy target. Part of this country will always believe he's guilty of a crime - no matter what. Part of this country will always hate him - no matter what. Part of this country will be gunning for him - always. That is the curse of being an acquitted defendant: someone's going to still believe you did it no matter WHAT a jury says. In a case as highly charged as his, he's going to be getting in incidents. It's just going to happen. I don't think Casey Anthony is a fair comparison, because she is a woman, and the fact is, people will treat her differently than George Zimmerman as long as she's young-ish and attractive-ish.

Looking at the prior matter with this same guy, the would-be alleged victim declined to prosecute Zimmerman. Ok. What does that tell you? Possibly: a) he was bought off by someone (possible, but unlikely); b) he has a terrible record himself, and would have no credibility in court whatsoever (very unlikely, a DA would be the one nolle prossing the case, not the defendant deciding not to prosecute); or c) all just a big misunderstanding (my bet).

Whatever happened this time sucks, but, until the facts come out, I don't really have anything to say beyond that it's disappointing. I hope it all works out for the best, and that the system proceeds based on facts and evidence, and NOT on weirdly motivated prejudice.  
Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 12:41:19 pm »

The judge can allow the jury to consider lesser charges and in this case she did. But I think that actually hurts the changes of a lesser charge as it adds another layer for the jury to consider and it could make the prosecution's confidence in the case appear.

It is more than allowing them to consider. In a murder case it is mandated that it is included in the jury instructions before they go to deliberation.

I don't see it as hindrance since it simply an instruction at the end.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines