Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:09:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Brandon Fields cut
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Brandon Fields cut  (Read 22438 times)
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 08:19:43 am »

Those positions, kicker and punter, are the two positions I have absolutely no problem with going all rookie on. I mean, all they do is kick. It isn't that difficult if you do nothing but practice that one motion all the time.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 08:50:54 am »

RUMOR going around is Sturgis is a goner too and the Fins are going with ALL ROOKIE kickers.

This will either be a big boom or be a huge bust for the Fins
In such an important season ... I'm surprised of the Fields cut but wouldn't be surprised about Sturgis. He really hasn't been able to settle down since coming to Miami.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:17 am »

I'd be surprised if they let go of Sturgis.  He's not as bad as Twitter makes him seem.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 11:04:17 am »

I'd be surprised if they let go of Sturgis.  He's not as bad as Twitter makes him seem.

His kickoffs suck. Franks kickoffs have been much higher and further the entire preseason. Miami wants to keep Franks at all costs even on the practice squad they are saying. Which has now motivated the thought of the move of why not just give him the job cause Sturgis is nothing special
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 11:23:01 am »

He's not as bad as

If you have to start a sentence that way than you probably don't want the player if someone else is better, cheaper, or younger.  Or even better all three. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 11:30:13 am »

Kickoffs don't score points.  I'd rather have a guy that drops the ball on the goal line but is solid on FG's than a guy that can boom it out of the end zone but misses FG's every game.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 12:39:30 pm »

Kickoffs don't score points.  I'd rather have a guy that drops the ball on the goal line but is solid on FG's than a guy that can boom it out of the end zone but misses FG's every game.

Well with Sturgis you can have a guy that kicks it off out of bounds and then misses a field goal.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 01:24:18 pm »

Field position might not mean much to you but to intelligent football people it matters a whole hell of a lot.  And it's not like Sturgis is a young Morton Anderson who is some all pro field goal kicker. He is a bottom of the league kicker who is lucky to have a job. If Miami cuts him his career could be over as I don't see a bunch of teams lining up to sign him.

FYI: the Bills might cut Dan Carpenter by weeks end per multiple reports. Rex Ryan doesn't like his preseason and the misses he has had and has called him out in the press up there.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 02:15:14 pm »

Well with Sturgis you can have a guy that kicks it off out of bounds and then misses a field goal.
We all know this is false, but this is exactly what I mean.

I am aware of the importance of field position, but let's be realistic - guys run the ball out of the end zone now.  What's the difference if you run it out and get tackled on the 23 or if you don't let them return it and its placed on the 20.

Are you prepared to risk 5% of your FG's in exchange for 3 yards of field position?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »

Are you prepared to risk 5% of your FG's in exchange for 3 yards of field position?

That 5% number you pulled directly out of your ass. Let's be honest  you have nothing to back that up
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 02:50:09 pm »

Let's all be honest, Sturgis' numbers are toward the bottom of the league last year. The Miami Dolphins were 27th in the league on FG percentage. Let's not argue that it could get worse.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 04:07:19 pm »

Most Dolphin fans would be upset if the kicker was making less than 110% of his kicks regardless of range.  In their eyes, any miss is a horrible travesty and the kicker should be cut immediately upon his return to the sideline.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 06:35:17 pm »

That 5% number you pulled directly out of your ass. Let's be honest  you have nothing to back that up

You're right I have no vision into the future to know exactly how many FG's rookie kicker might miss relative to how many FG's Sturgis might miss.  Its called an estimate for the sake of qualifying my original point, and accuracy is not a requirement for future speculation. Roll Eyes

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2015, 07:06:35 pm »

we should never punt anyways ..

When I say this, everybody says that I am nuts.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 07:20:09 pm »

Most Dolphin fans would be upset if the kicker was making less than 110% of his kicks regardless of range.  In their eyes, any miss is a horrible travesty and the kicker should be cut immediately upon his return to the sideline.
However, it is easy to objectively refute these people if your kicker is top ten in FG%.
It is not when they are #27.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray