Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:50:38 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Aaron Hernandez commits suicide
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide  (Read 5437 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 02:34:59 pm »

Unless the Atty's for the victims are total idiots AH's family shouldn't see a penny of this money but rather it should go to settle the civil judgements that are almost certain, lot lower standard...more probable than not rather than brd. 

Also with only 3 credited seasons most of the NFL retirement benefits didn't vest.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 02:45:57 pm »

Well, they should see the signing bonus immediately and at that point, unless the victims' attorneys have time machines there are a lot of different mechanisms available to a person who wants to insulate money.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 03:07:22 pm »

By immediately I assume you mean after the lengthy courtroom process.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 04:17:22 pm »

Well, more immediately than a civil case against him would proceed, anyway.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 04:40:58 pm »

Well, more immediately than a civil case against him would proceed, anyway.

Not so fast.

Atty's for victims families will file a motion asking for a restraining order against AH's estate barring any distribution of assets until the civil suits are resolved.  That motion will almost certainly be granted well before the suit by AH estate vs. Patriots for the bonus money is even filed.

Kraft/Patriots will argue that the reversal of conviction alone does not earn him the bonus the forfeiture occurred because he by his own actions made himself unable to furfill his end of the contract.  (Play football)

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 12:09:04 pm »

It is official. The judge on the case has vacated the conviction and now it is expected that the Commonwealth is going to appeal.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 12:46:24 pm »

Not so fast.

Atty's for victims families will file a motion asking for a restraining order against AH's estate barring any distribution of assets until the civil suits are resolved.  That motion will almost certainly be granted well before the suit by AH estate vs. Patriots for the bonus money is even filed.

Kraft/Patriots will argue that the reversal of conviction alone does not earn him the bonus the forfeiture occurred because he by his own actions made himself unable to furfill his end of the contract.  (Play football)

There is no estate.  The lawyers took everything

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2017, 01:57:38 pm »

It is official. The judge on the case has vacated the conviction 

Well, that ought to lift Aaron's spirits...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2017, 04:38:39 pm »

It is official. The judge on the case has vacated the conviction and now it is expected that the Commonwealth is going to appeal.
I'm no lawyer and not taking up for Hernandez. But if that's the law and common procedure, then the conviction should be vacated. If they don't like it they need to change the law. I haven't read up on it, but I don't know what they would appeal if it's standard procedure.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2017, 09:41:56 pm »

I'm no lawyer and not taking up for Hernandez. But if that's the law and common procedure, then the conviction should be vacated. If they don't like it they need to change the law. I haven't read up on it, but I don't know what they would appeal if it's standard procedure.

It is not codified law, but common law.  And to the best of my knowledge the highest court in MA has never ruled one way or the other if there is an exception for suicide.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 02:42:55 pm »

I heard the other day on the news that he had another friend in prison that he knew from the streets that he referred to as "my heart" and was trying to get moved to bunk with him.  ...maybe he was gay and was trying to hide some of that?

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 03:59:29 pm »

I heard the other day on the news that he had another friend in prison that he knew from the streets that he referred to as "my heart" and was trying to get moved to bunk with him.  ...maybe he was gay and was trying to hide some of that?

You just heard that? There were rumors (but never a letter materialized publicly) that one of his suicide notes went to this person. Also, there was speculation that Hernandez's sexuality was the motive behind the Lloyd murder.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 04:48:14 pm »

^ I mean...I had kinda heard things before but thought it was just sorta gossip.  This was the news reporting requests from prison where he requested to move into cells with "his heart".

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2017, 12:58:53 pm »

His jailhouse lover has broken his silence.   This dude looks like he's dying of AIDS.  Wow.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/04/26/aaron-hernandezs-alleged-jailhouse-lover-releases-statement-on-their-relationship-photo/#

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 01:01:58 pm »

So Hernandez successfully made the change from Tight End to Wide Receiver?   Yeah, I know that was crass and going for the easy joke, but I'm not above that sort of thing.   Evil
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray