Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:13:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Wow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wow  (Read 1528 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: April 27, 2017, 08:24:10 pm »

Bears spent a lot for a guy that would still have been there with the next pick.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 12:54:04 am »

The fucked up thing is they signed Mike Glennon from my Bucs to a $14 million contract. What the fuck are they gonna do now??

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 09:12:22 am »

I thought the Bears trade was absolutely wonderful... Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:13:01 am »

Jeez, that makes the Dolphins Caroo debacle look genius in comparison.  Give away the farm to move up ONE spot to take a guy who would have been there for them at #3 and he shouldn't have even been a top 10 pick.  If I was a Bears fan, I would be all kinds of pissed today. 
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 10:26:28 am »

I'm sure the Bears were thinking someone else would trade up. Otherwise the trade would make no sense.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 10:48:06 am »

^^^ That is exactly the case. From "reports," apparently they did have a couple of other teams calling about the pick, and the 49ers sensed that Chicago really wanted him, so it started a bidding war.

The absolute best part of the Reuben Foster situation... I was sitting at a little pub near my office, and there was one incredibly obnoxious Seahawks fan there. After SF took Solomon Thomas at #3, I was quite vocal about hoping that Foster would slide to Miami at #22. The Seahawks guy was saying how there was no chance that Foster lasts that long. When Miami went with Harris at #22, the Seahawks guy just about had apoplexy, he was laughing so hard. A direct quote from him after that pick was "Watch, Seattle is gonna get Foster, and then you'll get to watch him kick your Niners' ass for the next ten years."

When the trade between SF and Seattle was announced, the "Oh please, God, no!" look on his face provided only slightly less enjoyment than the 100% deflated look on his face when they announced Foster to the Niners. I couldn't help but smile when I told him "Well, I guess he's gonna be kicking someone else's ass for the next decade, eh?"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 12:26:24 pm »

I liked it for Both Teams,my Mom's Bears got a guy to build around,the 49ers, picked up picks,and still got the guy they wanted.It seemed to be reported most of the top 5 wanted to trade back.I came home from work to a football twitter feed loaded with K.C. is calling everyone to move up in Rd1,presumably to take a QB.

Mike Glennon's Contract,has an out after this year for the Bears,was mentioned last night.He's a veteran who can start the 1st couple of games if need be.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray