Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:51:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tiger Woods DUI
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tiger Woods DUI  (Read 2429 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: May 30, 2017, 01:09:52 pm »

Various reports of whether alcohol was involved, or not.  Does it matter if it was "only" RX drugs?  Some can say well it was an oversight due to prescriptions for his recent surgeries, BUT he's had many surgeries over the last couple years and should know the effect that these strong drugs have.  Not to mention it was 3 a.m..

Lost in the shuffle will probably be former Dolphin Nolan Carroll's DUI over the weekend.  He signed a 3 year deal with Dallas for this year after leaving the Eagles.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:40:03 pm »

It does not matter.  If you operate a vechile under the influence of a caugh syrup with a warning that you should not drive or operate heavy machinery you are violating the exact same law as driving after drinking vodka.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:22:51 am »

Tiger is a pill head. He just made a public statement last week on how his back was and how great is was to be pain free and then he gets caught asleep at the wheel with fresh car damage and incoherent on pain killers. I don't care if he had a prescription, doctors give that stuff out like candy.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 10:34:53 am »

I was watching the video of the arrest.  Uncomfortable to see.

I drink your milkshake!
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 09:58:27 am »

He blew a .00 but there could've been drugs involved. It'll depend on what the statute says and how it is written. In SC, he'd be probably dropped to either a reckless or inattentive driving. Or a trial, but, I don't think it's that bad. Those SFS tests aren't all they're cracked up to be.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 11:44:06 am »

^^^ The only reason I would agree with you is because of star power. He has admitted being under the influence of drugs (painkillers and Xanax) so that isn't of question, he was asleep in his car (and fell asleep a second time while talking with police), he had damage to his vehicle, he was unaware of his location (so much so his initial statement of his destination was in a different state and his second statement about destination was in the opposite direction his car was facing).

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 01:07:11 pm »

He blew a .00 but there could've been drugs involved. It'll depend on what the statute says and how it is written. In SC, he'd be probably dropped to either a reckless or inattentive driving. Or a trial, but, I don't think it's that bad. Those SFS tests aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Go reread the statute.  In SC and Florida (where this occurred) and pretty much every jurisdiction (didn't check all 51, but didn't find any exception in any I did check) driving under the influence of a controlled opioid even if legally prescribed is a DUI.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 03:54:26 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, SCFinfan is an attorney whose line of work is DUIs, so I'm inclined to think he might know slightly more about this topic than everyone else commenting... combined.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 06:20:34 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, SCFinfan is an attorney whose line of work is DUIs, so I'm inclined to think he might know slightly more about this topic than everyone else commenting... combined.

I don't doubt his knowledge but this particular case is one where the evidence is hugely against Tiger (there is a confession after all) so I stand by my position that star power is what will get him off if anything.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray