Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Branden Albert UN-Retires. Miami an Option?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Branden Albert UN-Retires. Miami an Option?  (Read 1430 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: August 08, 2017, 10:08:08 am »

Branden has unretired after realizing he will owe Jacksonville about $3.5 Million back in bonus money. The whole thing was a ploy to get more guaranteed money anyway, he was never going to retire officially.

Unfortunately for him, Jacksonville probably doesn't want him back. He was getting beaten in scrimmages anyway and he obviously doesn't want to play there, so they will release him if they can't trade him and his large salary.

Since he probably won't be such a hot commodity due to his attitude and age, any chance he returns to Miami as a Guard? We essentially ignored our Guard situation again and even a malcontent like Albert would be an improvement over.....I don't even know who is penciled in as the starter.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:30:35 am »

Branden has unretired after realizing he will owe Jacksonville about $3.5 Million back in bonus money. The whole thing was a ploy to get more guaranteed money anyway, he was never going to retire officially.

Unfortunately for him, Jacksonville probably doesn't want him back. He was getting beaten in scrimmages anyway and he obviously doesn't want to play there, so they will release him if they can't trade him and his large salary.

Since he probably won't be such a hot commodity due to his attitude and age, any chance he returns to Miami as a Guard? We essentially ignored our Guard situation again and even a malcontent like Albert would be an improvement over.....I don't even know who is penciled in as the starter.
That would be hilarious, and I'd be all for it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 01:55:48 pm »

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:43:47 pm »

Jacksonville just CUT Branden Albert. He is free to sign with anyone
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 06:41:21 pm »

No thanks...He can be on some Otherteams injury list 4+ games this season...Ours is filling up fast... Cry

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 08:14:11 pm »

He may have few suitors and his salary is already being paid by the Jags to my knowledge. He will probably just go where he can start. I'd still take him at Guard in a heartbeat.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 12:40:09 am »

He may have few suitors and his salary is already being paid by the Jags to my knowledge. He will probably just go where he can start. I'd still take him at Guard in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't take him at all.  Jax cut him for a reason.  They don't want anyone who isn't 100% into it and neither would I.  His  attempt to retire pretty much speaks for itself.  Nothing he says can change that

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 04:48:24 am »

If he is willing take no new money for a legit shot at a ring, I'll take him

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 04:58:43 am »

I wouldn't take him at all.  Jax cut him for a reason.  They don't want anyone who isn't 100% into it and neither would I.  His  attempt to retire pretty much speaks for itself.  Nothing he says can change that

They cut him cause he demanded more money all offseason, didn't show up to training camp, retired, then came out of retirement a week later......he drove them crazy and they didn't want the headache anymore.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 07:44:41 pm »

He only retired for more money. Look at this way, he goes from the city of Miami and a playoff team to Jacksonville and the Jaguars. I wouldn't be happy either.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 08:56:40 pm »

He only retired for more money. Look at this way, he goes from the city of Miami and a playoff team to Jacksonville and the Jaguars. I wouldn't be happy either.

I doubt he would want to come back to Mia.  After all Mia already dumped him once.  If his motivations are purely money....go to the highest bidder.  If his motivation is either revenge or a ring.  NE where he has both a shot at a ring and a chance to beat the fins twice is a good choice.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 09:44:10 pm »

Albert is done, didnt feel like he wanted  play anyways

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray