Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:18:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Panthers possibly moving
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Panthers possibly moving  (Read 4538 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 04:27:49 pm »

I'm a nobody,and nothing I say means didly squat.... Smiley

I think the NFL will end up having a team in London (at some point  Undecided ) I'm not Keen on the idea,A Home London playoff game seems to be a massive advantage for the London team.

I like the idea of Mexico city over say San Antonio (2 Texas teams is enough IMO) Mexico city allows the "international expansion" with less scheduling issues,home field advantage issues,and I have a hard time seeing the advertisers hating it.

If the London team were playing a west coast team then yes it would be a big advantage. However, as we discussed in prior threads east coast teams travelling to London isn't much different than west coast teams travelling to play east coast teams.

The Mexico City team would have a much bigger advantage IMO.  Mexico city is approximately 7,350 ft above sea level (compared with Denver which is 5,280 ft above sea level) and this would be quite an advantage to the home team.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 01:44:26 pm »

Is Carolina not doing well as a franchise?  I thought they were.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 07:31:54 pm »

Like any other team that threatens to move, they want a new stadium.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 11:45:51 am »

It's crazy how quickly I lose track of time...I've forgotten how long they've been in the league.  Their stadium is 21 years old.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 11:49:28 am »

It's crazy how quickly I lose track of time...I've forgotten how long they've been in the league.  Their stadium is 21 years old.

That's getting up there in age for a stadium.  But why a new stadium?  Why not just give the old one a makeover like the Dolphins did?  Word in Tampa is the Bucs are going to re-make the Ray Jay similar to Hard Rock.  They're already building an indoor practice facility.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray