Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:02:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  R.Tannehill,and R. Jones restructure contracts (other moves too)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: R.Tannehill,and R. Jones restructure contracts (other moves too)  (Read 1569 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: March 14, 2018, 04:32:24 pm »

Ryan Tannehill,and Reshad Jones reportedly restructured their contracts (creating cap space).N.Suh (June 1st cut) ,J.Thomas,and Timmons cut..
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article205165309.html

They also tendered contracts to  RFA Jake Brendel,Mike Hull,and Jordan Lucas
https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/974005682319052800

We also resigned Walt Akins to a 2yr deal..
https://twitter.com/pbpsports/status/973689646554189824

We didn't tender contracts to Neville Hewitt,David Fales, or ERFAs Anthony Steen and De'Veon Smith. All four of them are free to negotiate with any team and can sign without compensation.
https://twitter.com/apoupartFins/status/974020825920692224
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:42:16 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:06:23 pm »

Sounds solid. I'd still like to know what the plan is with all this cap space... Problem is that there aren't a lot of free agents in our main areas of need and there's WAY too much money available across the league this off-season, meaning higher than normal prices, if course.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:40:46 pm »

Spend none of it and keep payroll low fr next offseason. We suck and won't win 4 games, I don't want to overpay for garbage just because the money is there. Plan for 2019. Trade this year's draft picks for next season.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 06:55:01 am »

We suck and won't win 4 games,

Need a hug?
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 08:30:30 am »

We have Free agent Guard Josh Sitton in Miami for a visit...

The other rumor....Dolphins fans don't fall out of your chair...But interested in Former Dolphins Chad Henne as aback up QB.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 09:01:37 am »

Spend none of it and keep payroll low fr next offseason. We suck and won't win 4 games, I don't want to overpay for garbage just because the money is there. Plan for 2019. Trade this year's draft picks for next season.
Change your name to HOPECRUSHER, it fits your pessimism better.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 10:16:53 am »

Tanny restructuring is pretty big.  Else, he was also on the way out.  There's no way we could finish out that contract as written.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 11:26:57 am »

Tanny restructuring is pretty big.  Else, he was also on the way out.  There's no way we could finish out that contract as written.
Dude got paid. He and Reshad made a lot of money yesterday as they were paid the new guaranteed amount. If he gets released early he will have really made out.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 12:34:18 pm »

Walt Akins contract
https://twitter.com/HBalzer721/status/974302545333096449
Walt Aikens re-signs Dolphins: 2 yrs, $2.7M, $1.3M fully guaranteed, $500K RB

The Reshad Jones one chaps me more than Tannehill,because he got the contract extension last offseason after missing a lot of the season due to injury. Tannehill's a couple years old...

fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 04:08:04 pm »

All but league minimum of his salary was converted into a signing bonus, so he's losing NOTHING. The Dolphins gain some cap space short term (11 million), but lose some later on (5.5 million each of the next three years).

Unless the team REALLY needs the cap space this year, the move was just a gift to Tannehill.

It also ties the team to Tannehill making it much more expensive to move on. In other words, the contract means the team REALLY believes in Tannehill. Of course, considering the insane salaries for quarterbacks today, Tannehill's 19 million a season is an absolute steal for a starting quarterback not on his rookie contract.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2018, 10:48:08 am »

I like your point about Tannehill...And since we brought QB David Fales back on a 1 year deal we do have some sort of back up QB (I liked the 1 game he played last year.)

According to a Joe Schad tweet a little while ago...We currently have about 8 million under the cap...errr screw it here...

After the Josh Sitton addition, the Miami Dolphins will still have around $8 million left in ‘18 salary cap space. Plus there will be $17 million more June 1 when Ndamukong Suh officially gone.
https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/974644335563235334

I liked the "idea" of going after former TE Eric Ebron (I didn't see any specific rumors that we were linked to him in anyway) being he's 24,with inconsistencies.I'm ecstatic to hear that TE Ed Dickson is staying the night trying to work out a deal with Seattle,there were rumors we were interested.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:59:05 am by DaLittle B » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 04:59:04 pm »

I like your point about Tannehill...And since we brought QB David Fales back on a 1 year deal we do have some sort of back up QB (I liked the 1 game he played last year.)

According to a Joe Schad tweet a little while ago...We currently have about 8 million under the cap...errr screw it here...

After the Josh Sitton addition, the Miami Dolphins will still have around $8 million left in ‘18 salary cap space. Plus there will be $17 million more June 1 when Ndamukong Suh officially gone.
https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/974644335563235334

I liked the "idea" of going after former TE Eric Ebron (I didn't see any specific rumors that we were linked to him in anyway) being he's 24,with inconsistencies.I'm ecstatic to hear that TE Ed Dickson is staying the night trying to work out a deal with Seattle,there were rumors we were interested.

Even if we had that $25 Million in cap room now we have to sign the draft picks. Awful cap number compared to what we got on the field. I hope 2019 shapes up to be much better but we have to nail this draft to avoid buying every position in FA.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 06:53:27 am »

Dude got paid. He and Reshad made a lot of money yesterday as they were paid the new guaranteed amount. If he gets released early he will have really made out.

We are putting a lot of stock in these two guys, yet in the grand scheme of things it's not not like they are being overpaid and we will end up with a lot dead money if we end up parting ways. Smart move by all parties in this case, especially compared to the daft moves we have previously made (and still are making).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray