Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:03:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Suh landing spot - Jets rescind offer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Suh landing spot - Jets rescind offer  (Read 3538 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 09:09:15 pm »

You ever try to make ends meet on $14 million a year?  It seems Suh cant do it for less than $14.75 million..... which means he's got a mounting debt dillema

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 09:18:49 pm »

You feel bad for Suh? The starving children across the world must damn near kill you.

Nah, I send Gloria Bunker Stivic $9.99/month, so that takes care of a family of four's food needs.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 04:29:29 am »

I'm a bit surprised the deal is only for a single year, even though Suh is 31. As long as he can stay reasonably healthy, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to perform very, very well for several more years. Will it be a performance worth $14 million a year? That's the question, but his production last year was really quite good. Certainly in the top 10 of his position. His total "pressures" were only 13th on a line that disappointed, IMHO, but he was in the top 8 in "defeats" (tackles / sacks for loss, or drive enders). Very few players excel at both pressuring the quarterback and blowing up the running game.

Suh now lines up next to Aaron Donald, who also just happens to be in the top 8 in defeats. Donald has been absolutely sensational the past three seasons, so it will be interesting to see what opposing offenses do to limit Suh while being forced to focus on Donald. Fellow DT Michael Brockers isn't exactly bad either, but with Suh's versatility in the 1 and 2 technique, Brockers probably won't see quite the number of snaps he did last season.

The Rams are really going all out for a title this year. Suh is on a 1 year deal. Donald is in the last year of his deal (and is up for a HUGE new deal). Brockers is signed for 2 more years. DE Matt Longacre, who played nearly 40% of snaps, is on the last year of his deal. Ethan Westbrook, officially listed as DE, but starting at NT more often than not, is on the last year of his deal. DE Dominique Easley, who may not have started any games, but still played over 40% of snaps, is ALSO on the last year of his deal.

The linebackers don't escape either. Two of the four linebackers listed at the top of ESPN's depth chart for the Rams are free agents after the season. So are two of the backups (who combined for 25% of snaps last year).

In the backfield, CB Marcus Peters was brought in from the Chiefs with 1 year remaining on his contract.  Free Safety LaMarcus Joiner signed a 1 year extension on his deal that covers this year. His backup, Blake Countess, is also in the final year of his contract. Starting CB last year (until an Achilles tendon injury), Kayvon Webster, is a free agent after this season. Presumed starting CB, Aqib Talib, was brought in from the Broncos with two more years on his deal, but turned 32 last month.

That's just the defense, but still. It's 2018 or bust for the Rams. The defense next year is going to look very different, especially if it performs well this year.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 06:59:46 am by fyo » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 11:12:57 am »

I'm a bit surprised the deal is only for a single year, even though Suh is 31.
Suh is a mercenary. Nothing more and nothing less. Reports from various reporters say he had limited interaction with teammates in the locker room as that is how he likes it. He was there to do a job and I assume once he is done next year he will move on to the next highest bidder.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 04:47:58 pm »

That rotten SOB, working hard every day, putting his head down and maybe not being a rah rah guy but still doing an excellent job, and then trying to maximize his salary.  What kind of lowlife tries to look out for himself instead of being 100% loyal to an employer who gives zero F's about him as a human being?     Grin
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 07:41:55 pm »

I remember when MIA brought in Suh to play on the same line as Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon.  Somehow, it didn't quite work out as well as it did on paper.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray