Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:44:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Suh landing spot - Jets rescind offer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Suh landing spot - Jets rescind offer  (Read 3517 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« on: March 26, 2018, 04:36:31 am »

So, the Jets just rescinded their offer to Suh.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922979/article/new-york-jets-rescind-offer-to-ndamukong-suh

No reason given ("not in keeping with our long-term plans" doesn't count), which always results in fertile grounds for absurd speculation.

Not like Suh won't get a contract somewhere, of course. He's a great player. Currently, the Saints, Titans, and Rams all appear interested. There's no obvious "contender" among the bunch. Current odds have all three teams in the 16-20 to 1 range.

In my opinion, the Rams look the better team overall. They have a young, successful coach. A young, successful quarterback. A top 10 defense by advanced metrics. All three teams are close in classic yards allowed, while the Titans fall behind in both points allowed and  advanced metrics. The Titans have a brand new head coach in Mike Vrabel, which always introduces a fair amount of uncertainty.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 09:43:42 am »

I think it's about money for Suh. He wasn't really a "team" guy in Miami (many reports on him not associating with teammates even in the locker room) and I don't expect he will be anywhere else either. According to a few of the local writers he is a businessman first and foremost.  I think "if" he can work that in with a good team he will but otherwise wants the most bang for his buck.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 12:47:59 pm »

I think it's about money for Suh. He wasn't really a "team" guy in Miami (many reports on him not associating with teammates even in the locker room) and I don't expect he will be anywhere else either. According to a few of the local writers he is a businessman first and foremost.  I think "if" he can work that in with a good team he will but otherwise wants the most bang for his buck.

Winning the Super Bowl would almost certainly be financially beneficial, beyond pure salary.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 12:56:22 pm »

Suh is going to end up with the Rams...you can smell this deal happening a mile away. ;-)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 12:57:33 pm »

Suh is going to end up with the Rams...you can smell this deal happening a mile away. ;-)

That's going to be a nasty defense.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 02:26:58 pm »

Winning the Super Bowl would almost certainly be financially beneficial, beyond pure salary.
I don't see that. Please enlighten me as there are numerous Super bowl winners who are broke.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 03:53:00 pm »

I don't see that. Please enlighten me as there are numerous Super bowl winners who are broke.

Dominant players on Super Bowl winning teams can make more in product endorsements money than the player on teams that fail to make the playoffs.  But this is hardly the only factor. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 05:06:46 pm »

Dominant players on Super Bowl winning teams can make more in product endorsements money than the player on teams that fail to make the playoffs.  But this is hardly the only factor. 
I don't know that's much in the long run.  Dominant players like Warren Sapp is bankrupt as is Lawrence Taylor, William Refrigerator Perry, and in fact ... DR J even ended up selling his rings. I'd bank on a big contract before hoping to get commercial sales "if" we win it all. If you're not someone like Brady or Montana ... I wouldn't think its all that much in the long run. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 08:19:07 pm »

That doesn't tell you anything about which is more lucrative, a big contract or endorsements from being on a championship team.  There are also plenty of players who signed enormous contracts and are flat broke.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 08:44:55 pm »

Suh just signed with the Rams.  Paired with Aaron Donald, NO ONE is going to be able to run up the middle on them.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 11:43:24 pm »

I don't know that's much in the long run.  Dominant players like Warren Sapp is bankrupt as is Lawrence Taylor, William Refrigerator Perry, and in fact ... DR J even ended up selling his rings. I'd bank on a big contract before hoping to get commercial sales "if" we win it all. If you're not someone like Brady or Montana ... I wouldn't think its all that much in the long run. 

Sapp & Taylor are good examples of how you can make more money after you retire, the problem for them was that they got fired from TV gigs and any endorsements due to problems with prostitutes.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 11:29:24 am »

Suh is making 14 million for the year. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 03:18:57 pm »

Suh is making 14 million for the year. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

I feel bad for him, it's a cut in pay from the average $19M the Dolphins were paying him, plus it's a one year deal - not great for a player of his caliber.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 04:00:40 pm »

You feel bad for Suh? The starving children across the world must damn near kill you.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 04:41:16 pm »

You feel bad for Suh? The starving children across the world must damn near kill you.

I just started watching the National Starving Children League games on Sundays...and I feel horrible for those skinny little suckers.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray