Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:31:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami Marlins claim citizenship in British Virgin Island to avoid Miami court
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami Marlins claim citizenship in British Virgin Island to avoid Miami court  (Read 1764 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: April 10, 2018, 11:42:06 am »

I don't know. Seems like every decision made from the new ownership is not beneficial to the people of South Florida. Not sure how or even when they will try and bridge the gap.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-marlins/sfl-marlins-corporate-citizenship-20180410-story.html
The Miami Marlins are claiming corporate citizenship in the British Virgin Islands in an effort to have a federally appointed arbitrator take over the lawsuit by Miami and Miami-Dade County to recover a share of the profits from Jeffrey Loria's $1.2 billion sale of the team to Derek Jeter and partners last fall.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 01:05:02 pm »

They have had four fire sales under three different owners.  And now a former Yankee great is in the owner's chair and just traded his best player to the Yankees for a bag of gloves.  The Marlins are going to be the Yankees personal farm club for years to come.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 07:58:14 pm »

Seems like 20 years or so from now, either the Marlins will have a new owner (who pays off the city/county upon sale) or they will be moving.  I can't see how you can repair a relationship that is this bad.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 12:24:46 pm »

This team is gonna go the way of the montreal expos .. i'd be surprised if attendance didn't drop under 5k
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 02:15:19 pm »

Well i guess I have to go back to being a Mets Fan, once the Marlins leave

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:57:42 am »

it got down to 6200 yesterday .. less than the AA affiliate
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »