Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:02:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  How would the Butler benching have been viewed in a world of legalized gambling?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How would the Butler benching have been viewed in a world of legalized gambling?  (Read 957 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 23, 2018, 05:17:28 pm »

How would the Malcolm Butler benching have been viewed in a world of legalized gambling?

PFT brought this up and it got me to thinking.  I can guarantee you a large amount of people would have accused BB of throwing the game. I really see this going badly or at least brings more dirt to the surface.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:11:11 pm »

Literally hundred of plays could be similarly questioned.  Not using Sherman on the last play of the prior SB.  Whatever the Colts were thinking in week 6 of 2015.  Pretty much every move the Browns have made in the last decade.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 06:47:49 pm »

I think it would be viewed exactly the same way as it was viewed with the illegal gambling that was going on for the game. I heard no gamblers discuss it outside the conversation created by the sport talking heads.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray