Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:32:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Facing the death cycle
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Facing the death cycle  (Read 1420 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« on: June 16, 2018, 08:42:58 am »

My grandmother has been teetering on the proverbial edge for a long time.  She went to the doctors three weeks ago and declined the pacemaker.

I came home yesterday and my mother said she had the colon cancer but they think they caught it in time.  I haven't told anyone except my girlfriend.  I'm not really sure what to do or how to handle it.

As callous as this sounds if they die in the wrong order world war III will break out over the property.  As it stands the place isn't worth much but if it ever went commercial it would be worth a small fortune. 

Like the Godfather, probably all the other aunt and uncle families will line up against us.

forgive me if my mind wanders...

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 09:04:06 am »

Sorry to hear about this

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 07:37:29 am »

What's it all about? what's life about?

The clock ticks down.  Like a fourth quarter drive.  Nothing to do but watch and wait.  There are no timeouts or defensive penalties to save your ass. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 09:28:23 am »

What's it all about? what's life about?

The clock ticks down.  Like a fourth quarter drive.  Nothing to do but watch and wait.  There are no timeouts or defensive penalties to save your ass. 
So sorry to hear you are going though this.  I've pretty much lost everyone older than siblings in my family  and it can get crazy. I still own a house with my siblings because 1 out of the 4 of us doesn't want us to sell and the rest of us aren't going to sue him to get him to do it.  For me, I've been able to find Peace in Jesus. I know that sounds like a catch phrase but I'm being honest when I say this. The day He became real to me was the day I started seeing things in a new light.  I really hope you will find peace in your life as well. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 04:40:13 pm »

Colon cancer gets a lot of my family.  They say it is something that nobody should ever die from because it's 100% preventable.  If they caught it early, they will remove it.

My best to you and your family.

I drink your milkshake!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 09:38:16 am »

For me, I've been able to find Peace in Jesus. I know that sounds like a catch phrase but I'm being honest when I say this. The day He became real to me was the day I started seeing things in a new light.  I really hope you will find peace in your life as well. 

I very much believe in God and Christ.  This is something I think about probably 10 times a day.  The best way I can explain this is that my logic is uncertain where He is concerned.  It's part of a moral confusion I've been stuck in for a long time.

Colon cancer gets a lot of my family.  They say it is something that nobody should ever die from because it's 100% preventable.  If they caught it early, they will remove it.

I'm told they caught it in time but it seems like all they do is give her tests to give her more tests.  This is probably normal in terms of the process but at the same time it sucks.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 12:28:30 pm »

But then they blew the fuckin surgery.  They've about cut her in half and can't figure out why this port won't take or that tube won't fit.  She can't eat.  Jesus fuckin Christ I just wish I had an answer.  I try posting about on facebook and conveniently there's always an "error" that pops up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray