Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:06:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What do you think your 10yr old self,or 21yr old self say about you Today?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What do you think your 10yr old self,or 21yr old self say about you Today?  (Read 1704 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:22:52 pm »

What do you think your 10yr old self,or 21yr old self say about you today in 2018?

For me...
I think I'd have a different responses depending on how It was done.
I think if I just saw a photo of my current self,and a description...
- My 10yr old self would be Ok...Whatever...Probably not really accept it,or understand it.
- My 21 yr old self,would just question everything...Why? What happened? What happen to So? and So?

If I saw a like a 3 to 5 minute video of myself,talking about my current self...
~My 10 year old self,could be pretty devastated.
~ My 21 year old self,Would immediately say...What a fucking Pussy! A very machismo reaction publicly,That's not how I'm going to turn out...You just sit back and watch Mfer..Privately,laying in bed,internally thinking about it,it would have been the greatest thing for me.I'm alive,I have all my limbs,standing up,and probably would have made a lot more changes in my life 5-15 years earlier.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 01:32:13 pm »

Good question B.

My 10 year old self probably wouldn't have much to say. In terms of profession, he probably didn't have any concept of common jobs and was still dreaming of the exciting ones. He may be a little disappointed and wonder why I never joined the military. Also, he was coming up in the midst of the Just Say No years and spent a lot of time with his religious grandmother so he would be very surprised and concerned about how the current me lives. The fact I never married or had kids would also be a shocker.

The 21 year old me would be happy with me for the most part. The idea that I still grow my hair and hang out to shoot pool would score points. The areas of concern would be that I have gained too much weight, I sold out and work in an office, I don't travel as much now and I live in a different state in a much more suburban area.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 03:51:19 pm »

They'd both be pretty pissed.  Not because I didn't get to play professional baseball or football for a living but because of all the dreams I had that I ended up leaving behind. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 04:14:10 pm »

10 yr old self would be disapointed because I never became a pizza delivery driver so I could eat free pizza all the time.  I guess with age my standards rose lol.

21 yr old self wouldn't care, he was drunk and high all the time.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 08:17:31 pm »

When I was younger I had certain ideas about getting married and having a family that I later decided were not very practical.  When I was a kid, I wanted to be married by age 23, and most of the people I know who got married that young didn't stay married.  (That's not to say there is no value to "'Tis better to have loved and lost...".)  So I think both the 10- and 21-year-old versions of me would be disappointed in that.

On the other hand, both versions would be wildly overjoyed at almost everything else.  I have been very fortunate, in that my bad times as an adult haven't been too severe, and I've been in the right place at the right time (and made the right choice) often enough to achieve nearly all of my major life goals.  Most importantly, I have been lucky enough to avoid any serious health issues.

Overall, as a person who had a very rough childhood (I was in foster care for much of my youth and was in a homeless shelter as a 9th grader), every day I am thankful and appreciative for the life I have now.  So all things considered, I think both versions of me would be proud.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 09:42:55 am »

My 10 year old self would say "Damn, dude, you got really tall!"

My 21 year old self would say "Damn, dude, you got really fat!"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 10:23:32 am »

My 10 year old self would say "Damn, dude, you got really tall!"

My 21 year old self would say "Damn, dude, you got really fat!"

That was greatness.

My 10 year old self would be pissed that I didn't become an astronaut.

My 21 year old self would be shocked that I actually made something of myself and earn a good living and that I am a happily married suburbanite.  At 21, there was zero indication that I would ever be anything other than a hard drinking, broke ass,  womanizer.  lol
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 02:12:30 pm »

Growing up on the low end of middle class, actually more accurately poor, both my 10 and 21 year old self would be proud of what I have accomplished and where I am in life.  I'm sure my 21 year old self would say get urfat rear to the gym and lose some lb's.  Growing up fatherless both would be surprised I never married, nor had any kids; as this 52 year old does also.
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 02:14:40 pm »

10 year old self would be pissed I'm not taller, but would be impressed I've done as well as I have.

21 year old self would be shocked. I was slightly depressed back then and thought that life didn't have any promise. Turns out it did, and I capitalized to a reasonable degree given my limited talents and abilities.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 02:48:55 pm »

My 10 year old self might be a little disappointed. My 21 year old self was already getting beat up by life so I might not have disappointed him so much ... hahaha.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray