Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:31:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brady or Jimmy G
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Brady or Jimmy G  (Read 3300 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 10:38:51 am »

If you guys are going to break out the jellies, someone ought to make some toast...

Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 02:07:09 pm »

Mistake #1 was not trading Jimmy G before the start of the season, or that years' draft selection when the Pats could have gotten two #1 picks from the Browns (when they still had Brissett on the roster).  Mistake #2 was trading Jimmy G for nothing, with no apparent backup in place.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 07:10:38 pm »

For those keeping score at home, one has a 3 to 1 td to int ratio, one has a 3 to 1 int to td ratio.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 09:26:41 pm »

While nothing would please me more than Jimmy Gesus turning out to be a bust, this was one game against a top defense in the league.  Let's not take too much from it.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 11:03:14 am »

I hate the fact that the guy who is probably the best QB to ever play the game is a Patriot.  But the sports fan in me is really glad that I have gotten the privilege of watching Brady throughout his career.  Hard to compare him with Jimmy G because they are at opposite ends of their careers.  Brady is winding down his career and Jimmy G is at the beginning of his.  If I had a team who's window of opportunity for a Super Bowl was closing and this was a now or never kind of year, I would want Brady.  If I had a team that was posturing itself to be a playoff contender for years to come, I would want Jimmy G.   
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 04:02:19 pm »

In retrospect, this thread seems premature.

Jimmy G's decision to turn upfield instead of going out of bounds - while still 9 yards away from the first down marker goalline-to-go, and down two TDs - will likely go down as the worst decision of the season.  And given that his knee buckled before contact, his injury in his second start with NE now seems like it should have been more of a consideration.

So, in the spirit of premature discussions, I have to ask: is Jimmy G the next RG3, but with a monster contract?  Inquiring minds want to know.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:49:10 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 04:48:05 pm »

If you guys are going to break out the jellies, someone ought to make some toast...

Wink

Looks like the toast is undone and won't be done for a long time.   Cheesy

In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear about Jimmy G.  Hope he rehabs intensely and comes back strong next year.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2018, 10:39:28 am »

Looks like the toast is undone and won't be done for a long time.   Cheesy

In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear about Jimmy G.  Hope he rehabs intensely and comes back strong next year.

Lynch and Shanahan have locked six year contracts...the rebuild continues apace. Yeah, I am sorry to see him go down (and McKinnon before him), but this is football, and that shit happens all the damned time. Silver lining...I've always liked CJ Beathard, and it will be good for him to get some more time to develop on the field.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray