Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:16:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins news as of late 8-13-18
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins news as of late 8-13-18  (Read 1267 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: August 14, 2018, 11:17:03 am »

---QB Ryan Tannehill kicked Kalen Ballage out of the huddle this week and followed up some heated discussion on the sideline later. Ballage missed an assignment that would have gotten Ryan blasted in a game. Adam Gase defended Ryan's decision.

---Veteran defensive lineman Gabe Wright was waived by the Dolphins on Tuesday, one day after he charged at and blindsided Kenyan Drake while the running back's helmet was off. The incident occurred toward the end of a fight involving multiple players during Monday's practice. It was one of several incidents during a particularly physical and testy session.

--DeVante Parker is week-to-week with hand injury. Right now, he wouldn't be able to catch the ball.

--running back Kalen Ballage and tight end MarQueis Gray are in the concussion protocol.

--safety and slot cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick? The Miami Dolphins love him. Tight end Mike Gesicki? They love him. Linebacker Jerome Baker? Love him. Coaches believe general manager Chris Grier hit a home run in the first round of the draft with Fitzpatrick, and in the second round with Gesicki, and in the third round with Baker.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:22:35 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 08:18:08 am »

--DeVante Parker is week-to-week with hand injury. Right now, he wouldn't be able to catch the ball.

Is it time to give up on this dude?  I believe he has the skill set, but damn if this guy doesn't ALWAYS something going on with him.  Whether it's a foot, leg and now hand problems.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 08:59:16 am »

Is it time to give up on this dude?  I believe he has the skill set, but damn if this guy doesn't ALWAYS something going on with him.  Whether it's a foot, leg and now hand problems.

Long past time in my opinion. Contract wise they may have needed to keep him but the time for expecting anything special is long gone.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 09:12:46 am »

Long past time in my opinion. Contract wise they may have needed to keep him but the time for expecting anything special is long gone.
He's mostly disappointing.  I've been done with him for like two years now.  For whatever reason, it really pisses me off that he isn't even sniffing elite WR territory...he's fast, he's tall, he can jump over a damn building yet he's mediocre at best.  We should be saying his name along with Bryant, Beckham, Green, Jones, but we're not and I have to attribute that to being soft.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:19:11 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 11:06:12 am »

Parker has issues but he is our best bet is if he comes through. I don't have any faith that he will so either Jakeem Grant or Isiah Ford will need to step up and take it. They have Ford as back-up to Amendola right now but I have to believe based on his practices that he can take Parker's spot. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 12:07:48 pm »

He's mostly disappointing.  I've been done with him for like two years now.  For whatever reason, it really pisses me off that he isn't even sniffing elite WR territory...he's fast, he's tall, he can jump over a damn building yet he's mediocre at best.  We should be saying his name along with Bryant, Beckham, Green, Jones, but we're not and I have to attribute that to being soft.

That sums up my thoughts on him as well.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 05:18:40 pm »

I read a report earlier,that the Dolphins weren't going to trade Parker,because he's injured.

We signed former Dolphin Kendall Langford to take Wright's spot...

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 09:34:19 am »

I read a report earlier,that the Dolphins weren't going to trade Parker,because he's injured.

We signed former Dolphin Kendall Langford to take Wright's spot...

I can't imagine too many teams lining up to trade for an underperforming, often injured, guy with a reputation for being "soft" and disappearing during games. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 05:03:46 pm »

I like hearing Tanny banking at that guy.  ...not sure why, but at least people are trying out there.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray