Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:55:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  You're the GM...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: You're the GM...  (Read 3455 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 03:58:51 pm »

To Masterfins scenario...
I look at this way, the Bears are sort of trying the Seattle Seahawks model of success*,of cost certainty at the QB position, and build in other areas.

* R.Wilson being a 3rd round pick was much cheaper,than Trubisky number 2 overall,but Trubisky is locked up for the next 5 years from now.

The Raiders just signed their QB Derek Carr to a fat 25 milper year  Contract extension,Amari Cooper contract situation looming...

Glancing at the Raiders roster,IMO probably a smart move,especially for the future to replace some of those bigger/veteran contracts.

The Bears,I can see why they did it,but I wouldn't have done it as the GM,As I really believe in hoarding draft picks type of mentality....

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 05:56:22 pm »

The Bears,I can see why they did it,but I wouldn't have done it as the GM,As I really believe in hoarding draft picks type of mentality....

One big positive for the Bears is they now have Mack and their 1st round draft pick Roquan Smith on their defense.  That could scare some offenses they face.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2018, 06:58:26 pm »

^ Embarrassed I forgot about about Roquan Smith,I was thinking Leonard Floyd at 1 OLB,and Khalil Mack at the Other OLB...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray