Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Will Miami trade Xavier Howard?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Will Miami trade Xavier Howard?  (Read 5600 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2019, 07:49:02 am »

Xavier Howard has come off his beast season for us, he and Minkah Fitzpatrick can basically be the anchor of our secondary and we can build around them. Reshad Jones in contrast despite being one of my favorite players has come off a difficult season and has a massive salary cap hit, so it would not surprise me to see him in another uniform next season under the circumstances.

Trading Howard makes absolutely no sense unless we are all-out tanking, and really want to bottom out next year for the top pick in 2020.

That said, nothing surprises me anymore from this front office, and I don't mean that in a good way...

We are trying to tank in 2019 and despite his skill, Howard is injured a lot and about to become very expensive. So, it's not unreasonable to see what his trade market is. IMO, if we nail the 2019 and 2020 drafts while doing a great job in 2020 free agency, we still won't compete for the division until 2021 at the earliest. So, I'm fine with weighing all options.

Trade him for a 2nd rounder and I burn down the stadium, though.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2019, 10:35:03 am »

Xavier Howard has come off his beast season for us

Which might be why now is the best time to trade him.  If your new coach takes a page from BB’s playbook it might be the best time to trade a guy is right after he has his best year of his career.  If you believe he has peaked and had a much better year than he is going to typically have going forward, trade him now when someone will give you more in draft picks than he is really worth.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray