Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:09:36 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tannenbaum Reassigned, Grier to Stay on as GM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tannenbaum Reassigned, Grier to Stay on as GM  (Read 2020 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: December 31, 2018, 11:29:20 am »

Looks like there was a power struggle and Grier won. Because of the weird dynamic going on with Miami, we really have no idea who is responsible for the way things turned out. Was Grier overruled on things? If so, which things?

We should find out pretty quickly with the draft and free agency coming up. If we use a 3rd rounder on a punter, then we know Grier is just a stooge.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 11:50:38 am »

Let’s put the guy in charge who sucks at drafting
and keep Tannwnbaum. Ross is an idiot.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 11:54:25 am »

^get off the hate train, Grier has had some good drafts. Maybe the only competent one there.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 12:17:19 pm »

^get off the hate train, Grier has had some good drafts. Maybe the only competent one there.
more misses than hits. That’s not a winning formula.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:31:26 pm »

Let’s put the guy in charge who sucks at drafting
and keep Tannwnbaum. Ross is an idiot.

I think the issue is we don't really know who made these decisions or had final say. Tannenbaum seemed like a GM with a different title, Spier was the GM and Gase also had GM powers. Who drafted who? Who signed who?

I blame Ross for this mess since you can't have 3 guys doing the same job, but we will know in a few months if Spier was the smart guy who can finally do things his way or the idiot who ruined everything and now has even more power.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 12:32:03 pm »

^^^
CF that's another thing though... why the hell is there a power struggle in the first place?  Is this an NFL franchise or a soap opera?  What kind of an owner or front office however it's organized would allow something like this?

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 02:58:51 pm »

I think the issue is we don't really know who made these decisions or had final say.

But Ross does.  I don’t know what Ross has been doing, but if *I* owed a sports team, I would ask each of my employees to independently grade draft prospects.  And I would keep notes.  Then after a few years I would grade my talent evaluators.  So if there was one evaluator that consistently wanted us to draft players that we passed on but were probowlers on the team that did draft them, and urged us to pass on busts, than after a few years that guy would be put in charge.  And I would continue taking notes and assessing my evaluators.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 05:10:51 pm »

But Ross does.  I don’t know what Ross has been doing, but if *I* owed a sports team, I would ask each of my employees to independently grade draft prospects.  And I would keep notes.  Then after a few years I would grade my talent evaluators.  So if there was one evaluator that consistently wanted us to draft players that we passed on but were probowlers on the team that did draft them, and urged us to pass on busts, than after a few years that guy would be put in charge.  And I would continue taking notes and assessing my evaluators.

HAHAHAHAHA, like we would ever do things that make sense.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 08:52:30 pm »

I really do hope that Grier has a better plan than we’ve been on. Crowder said today that Grier is who came to Florida and vetted him. I know he’s always had a great rep I just hope it’s legit. I do like that he’s accountable for the coach and the roster. That’s how it should have been.

With that said sounds like we may take some steps back in order to move forward long term.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 10:24:06 am »

We're 7-9, what's a step back, 5-11? We would gladly go 5-11 in 2019 if it means 11-5 in 2020.

Although, I don't think we necessarily have to. It's not like MLB where you trade everyone for prospects and try to rebuild. With good coaching and a solid draft, we can win 11 games next year. It happens every year in the NFL, even happened to us in 2008.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 10:48:34 am »

HAHAHAHAHA, like we would ever do things that make sense.

I don’t think it is unreasonable to think that Ross has used the past few years to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of his employees and then reassigned them to maximize their strengths.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 05:35:37 pm »

I don’t think it is unreasonable to think that Ross has used the past few years to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of his employees and then reassigned them to maximize their strengths.

It shouldn't take this long to figure out.   The guy has owned the team for a full 10 years now.  Kraft got his shit in line in 4 years and got to a Superbowl. Joe Robbie did it in five including a coaching change. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 06:28:49 pm »

It shouldn't take this long to figure out.   The guy has owned the team for a full 10 years now.  Kraft got his shit in line in 4 years and got to a Superbowl. Joe Robbie did it in five including a coaching change. 

Kraft figured out that the DC he inherited from Orthwein was the smartest guy in football so he grabbed him from the Jets.   Ross is still looking, but it aint easy.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 05:21:47 am »

If your coaching staff is shit, then anyone who grades "players-not-taken-by-Miami" highly is going to come out looking great whatever the actual accuracy of the evaluations.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray