Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:51:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  DeVante Parker is back baby!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DeVante Parker is back baby!!!  (Read 7469 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: March 12, 2019, 12:52:51 pm »

Per Armando on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1105507731425935360

Proposed 2 year, $13 Million with alot of incentives

I'll be the first to admit I gave him a hard time that he was Inactive during the season. Lot of cloak & dagger too, where he said he was good to go and Gase didn't suit him up.

Seems as though Grier believes in him and prob did all along.  He has abilities, just got to keep working & staying healthy (find a nutritionist!) He's a big target.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 01:53:44 pm »

Not going to make most Dolphins fans happy. In a season when there is so little to cheer about having to watch Pringles take up space from someone with a heart won't go over too well. I dare say as many, or possibly more, fans that want to see Tanny gone want to see Parker gone. At least Tanny tries and plays as hard as he can.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 02:10:28 pm »

Unless the plan is to have him work hard for his money and then trade him next offseason for a high draft pick, I don't like it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 03:12:42 pm »

His contract is similar per year as Mohamed Sanu, so I'm okay with it.  I don't believe in him at all, but for that contract we can see if he'll pan out.  Not a huge loss if he keeps the status quo.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 03:19:30 pm »

Just to clarify, the $13 Million is WITH the incentives, I read it as a base $13 Million plus a chance to make more. I don't know what the base is yet but I feel better with this contract now. If he kills it, trade him for a 1st rounder. If not, then he is gone after 2020. Not a huge loss either way.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 04:04:24 pm »

I hate the thought of this guy taking up a roster spot, at any price.  They should have just kept Amendola for the $4.25M he was due to get.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 04:14:04 pm »

I hate the thought of this guy taking up a roster spot, at any price.  They should have just kept Amendola for the $4.25M he was due to get.
I realize it's two different positions and ages but my thoughts exactly.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 04:41:34 pm »

Not a fan of his at all.  But if a good percentage of that 13M is NOT guaranteed, I guess it could be worse.  If they intend on sucking this year, playing Parker a lot would certainly seem to be a path to that goal. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 05:55:13 pm »

Fuckin' A man. I wanted to keep Amendola and now we keep this Parker trash for more money. Wasn't Amendola our leading receiver last year? I smell more incompetence from South Florida. When will we learn Angry

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 10:21:57 am »

This is a great deal to give him one more shot.  He's only 26, who knows how he responds with a new coaching staff.  Plus, if he plays well enough this season, we can trade him for more draft picks.  If he sucks again, no harm no foul.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Wednesday that the deal has a base value of $11.1875 million with $4.5 million guaranteed along with $3 million in incentives.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2799871-report-devante-parker-to-sign-new-2-year-13-million-dolphins-contract
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 10:36:53 am »

The money doesn't matter to me. When you are too much of a wimp to fight for a ball, play with any bump or bruise or just generally aren't tough then I don't know how they expect him to "grow" into the receiver they need him to be. The guy has proven time and time again he is not NFL material.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 01:56:36 pm »

CF nailed it
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 02:41:53 pm »

CF nailed it

Yep
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »