Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:42:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Should Miami use the entire 2019 draft on offensive linemen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Should Miami use the entire 2019 draft on offensive linemen?  (Read 3134 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 11:30:46 am »

I can appreciate your opinion, but accuracy really doesn't seem to be his issue. The guy was #4 in the NCAA last year with a 70% completion percentage, which was higher than any other QB that will get drafted in this class. 50 TDs to 8 picks while playing against a power conference schedule... If Miami could get him, I'd have no problems with it at all.

That said...I don't think there is any way that Haskins lasts to anywhere near the #13 pick. Someone will be taking him in the top-6 picks...probably the G-men.

The highlights I watched last year were a lot of under-thrown balls his receivers bailed him out on, or one read seam routes down the middle.  I'd be happy to be wrong about him though, and I'll agree his stats don't support my stance.  The ol' eye tests just doesn't match up for me.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 02:50:34 pm »

I think there is considerable depth at defensive positions in this year's draft.  Maybe not so much outside rushers, but DT's and Linebackers can be found even in the middle rounds this year.  Terrible  year for Offensive Tackles but I like quite a few of the Guards coming out this year and there are 3 centers in this draft that I like a lot. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 10:20:55 pm »

Omar tweeted this earlier ..

“We're going to oblivious have an emphasis on the offensive line in the draft. The O-line, protection and run game, that's near and dear to me as well....It's something we'll definitely invest in. We'll rebuild this offensive line," Brian Flores said.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 11:39:08 am »

Chris Lindstrom (Guard) in the 2nd round, please. 
Seafort

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 09:10:00 pm »

I should have been more specific - I'd focus the entire draft on centers, guards, and tackles. Whoever is the best available player at each round. Why this?

If Ed Oliver is drafted and is a stud for us in 2019, that's great but that does nothing to help Tau in 2020. The line in 2018 was bad, and unless we're lucky with the two picks we likely make in this year's draft, we're left using later 2020 picks or an expensive free agent move to fortify that position. And if it's not fortified, then Tua's development is hampered just like David Carr's. Furthermore, offensive line generally takes longer to develop than other positions outside of quarterback and wide receiver.

That's why I say we go ALL in this year if at all possible.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray