Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:27:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What constitutes falling for a prank?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What constitutes falling for a prank?  (Read 1141 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: April 03, 2019, 12:50:48 am »

On Monday, one of my friends messaged me saying he was fired from his job.  I was about to respond with "What happened?".  Then I remembered it was April Fool's Day.

Does this mean I fell for the joke?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 07:42:59 am »

It sure does

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 09:41:12 am »

If you have to ask...
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 04:03:09 pm »

I think there has to be some "meat" involved with the prank to be a funny prank, just saying you got fired isn't much of a prank.  I remember one year my Mom, who was not a jokester, gave me a phone message to call a Mr. Lyons, she said it was about something I lost.  So, I call the number at her insistence, only to find out the phone number was for the local zoo, 30 or so years later I still think about that every April 1st.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 06:52:00 pm »

I think there has to be some "meat" involved with the prank to be a funny prank, just saying you got fired isn't much of a prank.  I remember one year my Mom, who was not a jokester, gave me a phone message to call a Mr. Lyons, she said it was about something I lost.  So, I call the number at her insistence, only to find out the phone number was for the local zoo, 30 or so years later I still think about that every April 1st.

Are you lioning about that.  That was very catty of her.  The PURRfect joke.  I bet everyone was roaring over it.  The mane thing is that you still laugh about it.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 09:38:02 am »

I think there has to be some "meat" involved with the prank to be a funny prank, just saying you got fired isn't much of a prank. 

I agree.  It really has to be something absurd that you get someone to fall for.

I had oatmeal for breakfast.  JK, I had eggs -- April Fools!

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray