Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:46:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Howard contract makes him highest paid corner (sort of)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Howard contract makes him highest paid corner (sort of)  (Read 1711 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: May 11, 2019, 08:40:49 am »

Excellent move by Miami, locking up Howard for the next 5-6 years.  I'm sure Tunsil will be locked up next year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/11/inside-the-xavien-howard-deal/
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 09:34:34 am »

I like it.  X is one of the top Corners in the league and he won't be the highest paid for long.  Before the season starts, there will probably be several other with larger contracts.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 10:37:13 am »

You know there are other DB’s around the league that are excited about Howard’s big payday. But this was a great move. I’m glad they’re willing to pay for talent, and to ensure that the playmakers will stay.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 10:54:03 am »

At some point the Dolphins needed to stop cutting players to generate cap space and actually spend some of it.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 11:12:39 am »

Baring injury, he's one of three players on this team I want to see with long term contracts:  Howard, Tunsil and eventually Fitz.  Baker might be on that list too, but he has to do more.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 02:45:39 pm »

Solid move, his injury history is concerning but his talent is truly elite. We got the cap space so it's good to use it where it's needed.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 10:23:20 pm »

This deal is awesome. It’s front loaded so in three years when they need to sign a QB for big bucks he’s going to be cheap for a couple of years. Great job by the Dolphins unless he gets hurt

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 05:26:36 pm »

This deal is awesome. It’s front loaded so in three years when they need to sign a QB for big bucks he’s going to be cheap for a couple of years. Great job by the Dolphins unless he gets hurt

Even better. Frontload it for the time we will probably not make the playoffs anyway and if he gets hurt nonstop then we just cut him or trade him. No harm in wasting money if you were supposed to be bad at the time anyway.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 01:00:10 pm »

Yearly breakdown.  Such a good contract:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/xavien-howard-18986/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray