Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:53:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins seem to troll Kenny Stills after he rips Jay-Z
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins seem to troll Kenny Stills after he rips Jay-Z  (Read 3215 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: August 22, 2019, 11:19:31 am »

I wanted to post this yesterday but haven't had the chance . Kind of funny if you ask me.

... one day after receiver Kenny Stills ripped Jay-Z for his decision to do a deal with the NFL without regarding to the ongoing unemployment of quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the Dolphins dialed up eight straight Jay-Z songs at practice.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/21/dolphins-seem-to-troll-kenny-stills-after-he-rips-jay-z/

Rumors from camp is that Flores doesn't like all the "extra attention" Stills is bringing to the team. Considering Flores is definitively a team first person one has to think this was a message being sent to Stills and others. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 02:20:57 pm »

I wanted to post this yesterday but haven't had the chance . Kind of funny if you ask me.

... one day after receiver Kenny Stills ripped Jay-Z for his decision to do a deal with the NFL without regarding to the ongoing unemployment of quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the Dolphins dialed up eight straight Jay-Z songs at practice.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/21/dolphins-seem-to-troll-kenny-stills-after-he-rips-jay-z/

Rumors from camp is that Flores doesn't like all the "extra attention" Stills is bringing to the team. Considering Flores is definitively a team first person one has to think this was a message being sent to Stills and others. 

In b 4 the SJWs and their hypocrisy show up. LMFAO...

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 11:03:31 pm »

Can't stand this slacktivism in sports. You do nothing but kneel, you bring attention only to yourself and accomplish nothing. Send the President a tweet and he'll probably grant you a meeting to discuss your concerns.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 11:19:01 pm »

Can't stand this slacktivism in sports. You do nothing but kneel, you bring attention only to yourself and accomplish nothing. Send the President a tweet and he'll probably grant you a meeting to discuss your concerns.

I'd rather be invited over to the White House for a beer.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 12:40:18 am »

Right on time, Belichick disciple starts alienating best players on the team.

This is the only thing Belichick teaches any of his coaches: treat the media like garbage and your players like meaningless cogs.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 06:58:39 am »

Right on time, Belichick disciple starts alienating best players on the team.

This is the only thing Belichick teaches any of his coaches: treat the media like garbage and your players like meaningless cogs.
hahaha ... "best player on the team" is choosing to alienate himself instead of being team player. No one would be talking about him if he wasn't being a distraction.

I love how you criticize the best coach and system in the league only because it goes against "your" agenda. The funny thing to me is it's not even a new one. It's pretty much old school team football and as BB has proven ... it works.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 09:35:36 am »

hahaha ... "best player on the team" is choosing to alienate himself instead of being team player. No one would be talking about him if he wasn't being a distraction.

I love how you criticize the best coach and system in the league only because it goes against "your" agenda. The funny thing to me is it's not even a new one. It's pretty much old school team football and as BB has proven ... it works.

Belichick is the greatest coach of all time.  Developer of coaches....meh.

And like many of his disciples, this isn’t really something he would do.  When was the last time BB trolled one of his players?  Cut, trade, bench - sure.  Troll - no. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 10:05:00 am »

I'm surprised that there are still people who think that athletes (or actors or whatever) should just shut up and play.  We're past that.

They are public figures who are using their platform to enact positive change.  This has been happening since there have been sports icons.  It should continue.  Attempts to silence this are antiquated relics of days long dead.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 10:42:14 am »

I'm surprised that there are still people who think that athletes (or actors or whatever) should just shut up and play.  We're past that.

They are public figures who are using their platform to enact positive change.  This has been happening since there have been sports icons.  It should continue.  Attempts to silence this are antiquated relics of days long dead.

Particularly being those same people often idolize the actor who played George in the film Knute Rockne, All American and his political activism.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 11:24:01 am »

Really? That's the motto of the most successful team of our era. While I see many bad examples the ideologies of BB and Tom Coughlin have shown to work well in the modern era.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 11:59:30 am »

Particularly being those same people often idolize the actor who played George in the film Knute Rockne, All American and his political activism.

Most of the board is probably too young to appreciate the reference... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 12:26:25 pm »

Most of the board is probably too young to appreciate the reference... Wink

Damn you’re right.  I am getting freaking old.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 02:57:18 pm »

I got the reference but have never seen that old ass movie
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 03:19:58 pm »

So you're saying that the owner of a sports team shouldn't discipline a player who brings attention to himself and the team with his opinions, beliefs, and politics?

I fail to see how this is different from working at Subway or Home Depot. What would they do if you started spouting off to customers about your personal, political, or religious opinions? What is he being paid to do? Give opinions or play a child's game?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2019, 11:53:52 pm »

I fail to see how this is different from working at Subway or Home Depot.
There are hundreds of millions of people qualified to work at Subway or Home Depot.  There are maybe 3000 qualified to play in the NFL.  And an NFL team generates many, many times more money than a Subway restaurant or a Home Depot store.  This is why NFL owners usually don't treat players like disposable cogs.

And this dynamic goes both ways.  There's a reason why Subway employees aren't signed to contracts prohibiting them from working for a competitor, which is another thing that distinguishes them from pro athletes.   If a schlub like you or me gets a higher-paying job offer to do the same thing we are already doing, we can quit on the spot and accept that new job.  Pro athletes under contract cannot.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 11:57:37 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray