Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Do any of you still watch The Walking Dead?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Do any of you still watch The Walking Dead?  (Read 1755 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: August 26, 2019, 12:39:51 am »

I sort of lost interest after season five.

I started watching a few episodes again, and I noticed one big possible plot hole in the series.

Sometimes, to blend in, survivors will smear themselves with walker viscera.  I don't understand why they don't do that every day.  Why not use it like sunscreen?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:38:42 pm »

I imagine it would be incredibly unhealthy to wear rotten flesh every day.  Disease, but also transmission, if you had open sores and stuff.  And you'd probably get really sick from having unclean hands when eating, etc.

And it would be stinky and gross, 24/7/365.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 02:08:22 pm »

I have only watched a small portion of one episode, but I would say the whole zombie thing is the biggest plot hole.

There certainly are feasible post-apocalyptic setting that would be more believable—- eg solar flair or manmade EMP blast that destroyed all electronics; affects of climate change; war; epidemic that causes mass death and panic, but without violating basic laws of biology; etc.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 02:34:17 pm »

Zombies aren't a plot hole.  They exist consistently within the rules the show has provided.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 02:44:33 pm »

I still watch TWD but have quit watching FTD.  In TWD the zombies are kind of a sub plot at this point. They typically have a much harder time with "others" than they do with the dead. It's a soap opera that happens to revolve around the zombie apocalypse.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 02:46:24 pm »

Zombies aren't a plot hole.  They exist consistently within the rules the show has provided.
Actually, wouldn't a dead body constantly outside in the elements basically decompose and fall apart within the first few weeks of death? Dead bodies decompose. Once you got past the first few months, the hoards of zombies would basically be less and less until there were very few left.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 02:51:12 pm »

I read it normally takes eight to twelve years to decompose to a skeleton. They are in the 10th year of the apocalypse so they should be pretty thin at this point. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 03:15:11 pm »

Actually, wouldn't a dead body constantly outside in the elements basically decompose and fall apart within the first few weeks of death? Dead bodies decompose. Once you got past the first few months, the hoards of zombies would basically be less and less until there were very few left.

Even if that's true with real dead bodies, the way the show works is that these bodies aren't decomposing at the same rate.  So long as its logically consistent with itself, it's not a plot hole.

But even to answer your question, the Walking Dead seems to borrow many of the zombie rules as outlined by Max Brooks (Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z).  In his books, the virus called Solanum slows traditional decomposition, along with a host of other perks.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 04:21:54 pm »

I read it normally takes eight to twelve years to decompose to a skeleton. They are in the 10th year of the apocalypse so they should be pretty thin at this point. hahaha
You don't have to get to skeleton level. Once the muscles, ligaments, and connective tissue is gone, none of it is gonna work anyhow. Without blood flow the nerves and tissue dies and it's over. No muscle contractions and they ain't moving much of anywhere.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 09:32:50 pm »

I remember some review of Resident Evil Extinction that mentioned that a base in the desert is one of the best possible locations in a zombie outbreak.  Any zombie in the desert would turn into jerky as stiff as wood within 2 weeks.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 12:12:50 am »

Carol uses it in the first episode of the fifth season, to blend in with the walker herd as she approaches Terminus.

When the place went up, the Terminus residents tried shooting their way out of it, but Rick ambushed them. 

I would have smeared myself with walker viscera and blended it.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray