Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:53:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  MSNBC Gun Poll blows up in their face
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: MSNBC Gun Poll blows up in their face  (Read 11226 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: September 18, 2019, 11:02:37 am »

"Do you think people should be allowed to carry guns in public" gun poll on MSNBC currently has had 719K votes and 93% are saying At the time this post was published, more than 547,000 people voted and 92% of them answered “Yes! The second amendment guarantees it.” Another 3% says only for self defense. This goes completely against the gun control lobby that MSNBC supports. I can guarantee they didn't expect this on their extremely liberal site.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-you-think-people-should-be-allowed-carry-guns-public
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:04:54 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 01:06:43 pm »

Guns blow up...it's a real thing.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 01:47:29 pm »

The question is too generic for me. Lots of places are public.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 01:58:01 pm »

Basically anywhere except where a sign forbids it, like a government facility.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 01:58:30 pm »

Generic? Public is anywhere not private. So yes, lots of places are public.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 03:24:19 pm »

this is the kind of poll that said ron paul had the support of 92% of the country in a presidential bid .. he ended up with 4 % in the republican primaries . .maybe
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 04:52:50 pm »

In discussing this topic with some of my gun-loving friends, I have maintained that all concealed carry laws should be replaced with open carry laws.

While the Constitution guarantees you the right to be an asshole, it doesn't guarantee that everyone else in society should be forced to conduct business with you.  If you want to walk around armed, then everyone around you should be aware of this fact.  Polite society can use social pressure to reduce gun proliferation.

Notably, this should cut down on the incidents involving cowards who intentionally start altercations, knowing that they can pull out their sidearm and shoot up the place if their supremacy is questioned.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 05:16:59 pm »

In discussing this topic with some of my gun-loving friends, I have maintained that all concealed carry laws should be replaced with open carry laws.

While the Constitution guarantees you the right to be an asshole, it doesn't guarantee that everyone else in society should be forced to conduct business with you.  If you want to walk around armed, then everyone around you should be aware of this fact.  Polite society can use social pressure to reduce gun proliferation.

Notably, this should cut down on the incidents involving cowards who intentionally start altercations, knowing that they can pull out their sidearm and shoot up the place if their supremacy is questioned.
So now people who have guns are assholes? And you wonder why no one takes you seriously. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 06:20:50 pm »

Oh, you can own a gun and not be an asshole.

But these guys?  Asshole central.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 07:18:41 pm »

Generic? Public is anywhere not private. So yes, lots of places are public.

Yes public is generic. Do I answer the question the same if it specifies public as a courtroom or public as a grocery store, no.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 10:27:52 pm »

What makes those guys assholes?   If anything, people who are up to no good see them and think twice about doing something stupid.   

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 11:20:58 pm »

...unless they are the people who are up to no good, in which case they are heavily armed.

I'd say it seems significantly less likely that these gentlemen are around to prevent ISIS from violently imposing Sharia Law than they are to shoot everyone present, in protest of immigrants replacing Western civilization.

And the people displaying these weapons of war in combat-ready fashion know that it makes people scared and nervous.  Like Westboro Baptist, the point is to make you uncomfortable.  That's what makes them assholes.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:34:54 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 09:30:31 am »

Ok ... I can't say I disagree with that. To me that's like cell phone users who talk on them or play videos on speaker in restaurants so everyone else has to listen to them. It may be legal but it's rude. Of course I don't see anything wrong with someone carrying a pistol on their side like an officer but you may think that's assholish too.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 02:41:38 pm »

And the people displaying these weapons of war
What makes any of those weapons, "weapons of war"? How are they different from any other semi automatic firearm? What makes a semi automatic hunting rifle just a rifle? What makes an AR 15 a so called "assault weapon"? What's the functional difference?

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2019, 03:56:22 pm »

What makes any of those weapons, "weapons of war"? How are they different from any other semi automatic firearm? What makes a semi automatic hunting rifle just a rifle? What makes an AR 15 a so called "assault weapon"? What's the functional difference?

Agree 100% .. ban all semi-automatic weapons

ball and musket are the only arms allowed by the 2nd amendment .. i'm an Originalist !!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray