Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:35:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Padres hire...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Padres hire...  (Read 1722 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: October 24, 2019, 11:38:31 am »

Jayce Tingler.

I mean, seriously...if I'm 'Stroke I'm thinking what the actual blue hell.  The front office better see something in this kid that the rest of the baseball world doesn't.  For a team expected to start producing now and you toss a guy who served as a bench coach for part of a season and, otherwise, has (basically) been a coordinator and minor league developer? 

This guy better have pixie dust up his sleeve.  Major league ball players don't listen to just anyone who walks in the door. 

Good luck, Jayce (and Stroke).  Hope this works.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:46:24 am »

Jayce Tingler.

I mean, seriously...if I'm 'Stroke I'm thinking what the actual blue hell.  The front office better see something in this kid that the rest of the baseball world doesn't.  For a team expected to start producing now and you toss a guy who served as a bench coach for part of a season and, otherwise, has (basically) been a coordinator and minor league developer? 

This guy better have pixie dust up his sleeve.  Major league ball players don't listen to just anyone who walks in the door. 

Good luck, Jayce (and Stroke).  Hope this works.

Prior to your post, I haven't ever heard anyone say "anything" about Jayce Tingler, so I'll just wait to see how it works out. When it comes to young managers/coaches, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt until they show me they suck in earnest.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:51:27 am »

I worry about that clubhouse and then tossing in someone with, literally, no experience.  Game time or player management.  I hope he has a strong bench coach to help.

You know the Padres as a soft spot for me, I want them to do well.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 01:43:59 pm »

I really thought they would hire Ron Washington but I'm glad they didn't. He's been good for Atlanta.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 01:55:10 pm »

I worry about that clubhouse and then tossing in someone with, literally, no experience.  Game time or player management.  I hope he has a strong bench coach to help.

You know the Padres as a soft spot for me, I want them to do well.

Watching Fernando Tatis jr this year made the Padres fun to watch again. Hopefully our new manager will be able to help the club take the next step.

I really thought they would hire Ron Washington but I'm glad they didn't. He's been good for Atlanta.

Ron Washington was the name I'd been hearing as well...and without knowing anything about Tingler, part of me wishes that Washington had been the hire. I am optimistic for our new boss though.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray