Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:09:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Devante Parker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Devante Parker  (Read 4510 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: December 01, 2019, 05:13:18 pm »

Finally reaching his potential this season. Terrible O-Line play and no other threats so his success is entirely on him. He is signed for one more season. Do we try to extend for a few years or maybe trade him in the offseason if the right offer comes our way?
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 05:22:50 pm »

Finally reaching his potential this season. Terrible O-Line play and no other threats so his success is entirely on him. He is signed for one more season. Do we try to extend for a few years or maybe trade him in the offseason if the right offer comes our way?

Sign this man.  I was on him last season for the multiple weeks where he was not activated, but I said prior to this season he was worth the risk cause he showed potential in the games he did play.

Seems as though he is staying healthy and taking care of himself.  He is a deep threat and has come to be reliable with those hands.  If you get Hurns, Williams and him (all big WRs) this team could really make some noise and cause problems for the oppo secondary.

Sign him now.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 10:53:16 am »

Sign this man.  I was on him last season for the multiple weeks where he was not activated, but I said prior to this season he was worth the risk cause he showed potential in the games he did play.

Seems as though he is staying healthy and taking care of himself.  He is a deep threat and has come to be reliable with those hands.  If you get Hurns, Williams and him (all big WRs) this team could really make some noise and cause problems for the oppo secondary.

Sign him now.

I'm in favor of signing him too, but not if it's one of those mega deals where he is paid like the 2nd best WR in the league. Something a bit more reasonable and we should gladly extend him.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 02:20:45 pm »

I'm in favor of signing him too, but not if it's one of those mega deals where he is paid like the 2nd best WR in the league. Something a bit more reasonable and we should gladly extend him.

Agree

I'd rather be lucky than good.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 01:26:49 pm »

Trade him.  It took him 5 years to have a decent season; this is more likely a flash in the pan.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 02:07:22 pm »

Trade him.  It took him 5 years to have a decent season; this is more likely a flash in the pan.
I agree. There's no one else for him to compete with. If we still had Amendola, Stills, and Landry on the roster you would only hear Parker's name when he dropped the ball 2-3 times a game. Right now he's our best receiver due to a gutted roster and injuries. Trade him while he looks half way decent.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 02:38:03 pm »

No.  It's the coaching.  Flores is from the Belichick school of discipline.   He doesn't put up with players sitting out with nagging injuries like his predecessors on this team did.   

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 07:36:19 pm »

Devante Parker just got a 4 year/$40 Million extension.

I really like this deal. He was a super talented player but a soft one and it looks like Flores changed that in him. Assuming he plays two more games, he should have 1,000 yards on a talentless team. Surrounded by other talent, he can be a Top 10 wideout in the league.

Seems like another good move by the front office.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 10:43:30 pm »

Devante Parker just got a 4 year/$40 Million extension.

I really like this deal. He was a super talented player but a soft one and it looks like Flores changed that in him. Assuming he plays two more games, he should have 1,000 yards on a talentless team. Surrounded by other talent, he can be a Top 10 wideout in the league.

Seems like another good move by the front office.

I disagree.  Another terrible move by the front office.  the only way this works out is if some other team actually thinks he is decent and trades for him.  Getting a 1,000 yards on a talentless team is nothing to brag about; he is one of the few options so of course he is going to get more yards than prior seasons.  Surround him by other talent and he'll be riding the pine ( kind of like the prior 4 years when there was talent on this team and he sucked).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 10:45:16 pm by masterfins » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 07:18:52 am »

I disagree.  Another terrible move by the front office.  the only way this works out is if some other team actually thinks he is decent and trades for him.  Getting a 1,000 yards on a talentless team is nothing to brag about; he is one of the few options so of course he is going to get more yards than prior seasons.  Surround him by other talent and he'll be riding the pine ( kind of like the prior 4 years when there was talent on this team and he sucked).

I disagree. This is a good move by the front office. This is a low price to pay for a starting caliber WR. And he is a starter on 9 out of 10 teams.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2019, 09:24:24 am »

Getting yards when there aren’t any other talent WR on the team is harder than when there are others.  If you are the best WR you will get double teamed ore often than if there are other threats.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2019, 09:27:25 am »

This is about what Sterling Shepherd makes, and makes Parker ranked in the 20s for WR salaries.  Do you think he's worse than him?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:29:00 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2019, 03:20:15 pm »

I disagree. This is a good move by the front office. This is a low price to pay for a starting caliber WR. And he is a starter on 9 out of 10 teams.

Not just that, but only the first two years are really guaranteed so if it doesn't work out just cut him. The money won't make or break us either, not like the Suh deal.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2019, 04:18:08 pm »

No.  It's the coaching.  Flores is from the Belichick school of discipline.   He doesn't put up with players sitting out with nagging injuries like his predecessors on this team did. 
The problem was not that Parker was not on the field enough.  The problem was that Parker wasn't producing when he was on the field.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2019, 01:40:32 pm »

Am I still the only person not sold on Parker? He's got a lot more bad than good history. This could be his career year and the real Parker comes back next year. It's going to take a while before I trust him to do what he is currently doing. I see employees excell for short periods too and then go back to being what they have always been. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 08:55:28 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray