Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:38:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2020 Schedule
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2020 Schedule  (Read 4302 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: January 05, 2020, 10:40:05 pm »

The dates aren't set, but the Dolphins' opponents are.

Away Games:Arizona, Denver, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, and San Francisco.

Home Games:Kansas City, Chargers, Rams, Seattle, and Cincinnati

Looks like a pretty even mixture of easy and tough teams.  Depending on how you look at it this is either a good home/away schedule, or a tough home/away schedule.  The positive being that the Dolphins play the tougher teams (with the exception of S.F.) at home, giving the Dolphins a little easier chance of beating the better teams.  On the other hand weaker, or evenly matched, teams create the higher probability of road upsets.

It could be a very good year, or a very bad year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:08:41 am »

Looks pretty decent but the timing is everything. If our bye week is in Week 3 and we close the season away at San Fran and New England and home at Seattle, it can be brutal.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 09:40:01 am »

Looks pretty decent but the timing is everything.

I don’t get that. Does going 7-1 followed by 1-7 yield a different record than going 1-7 followed by 7-1?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 10:41:00 am »

I don’t get that. Does going 7-1 followed by 1-7 yield a different record than going 1-7 followed by 7-1?

Timing meaning how the games are spaced out. If we haven't had an off week since September and close the season against 4 teams who won 10 games in 2019, then that's going to be a lot more difficult than if those games were spread out.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 12:32:10 pm »

Timing meaning how the games are spaced out. If we haven't had an off week since September and close the season against 4 teams who won 10 games in 2019, then that's going to be a lot more difficult than if those games were spread out.

Bye week matters for that one game.  I don’t see a difference between hard, easy, hard, easy and a block of hard and a block of easy other than the former is more likely to result in losing a trap game.

Decent amount of travel, I wonder if Flores will ask to have the west coast games back to back and stay out there.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 02:53:01 pm »

I doubt the NFL schedule makers take requests. All 32 teams would have something to submit if they did.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 03:30:11 pm »

I doubt the NFL schedule makers take requests. All 32 teams would have something to submit if they did.

They most certainly take requests.  They honor many of them, but not all of them.  Giants and Jets often request away games if Rosh Hashana or Yom Kipper fall on a Sunday.  Patriots have asked for back to back west coast games to avoid flying home.  A few years ago Miami has asked and received requests not to have 1 pm home games in September, preferring either night or away games during September rather than have fans suffer in the heat.  (That request was controversial on this site because of the giving up of home field advantage)   Chargers asked for an East Coast game to be scheduled the week before their London game, so they would be half way there.

That doesn't mean teams get to pick their own schedules.  But requests are entertained if feasible.    
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:34:18 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

BeanCounter

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 10:29:38 pm »

Wonder what home game will be played in either London or Mexico City.  Hopefully, it’s not a divisional game.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 03:00:02 pm »

Wait a minute. The Dolphins have asked to not have early games in September for the comfort of the  fans? That's silly. They should be thinking about the discomfort of the visiting team playing in the heat. Fans will always go to the game no matter the weather.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 03:03:29 pm »

Wait a minute. The Dolphins have asked to not have early games in September for the comfort of the  fans? That's silly. They should be thinking about the discomfort of the visiting team playing in the heat. Fans will always go to the game no matter the weather.

That was the general consensus on this site. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 03:59:30 pm »

The Dolphins have asked to not have early games in September for the comfort of the  fans? That's silly.
This was prior to the installation of the canopy.

They should be thinking about the discomfort of the visiting team playing in the heat. Fans will always go to the game no matter the weather.
Except that the fans weren't going to the games, and specifically citing the heat as to why.  The front office might like a homefield advantage, but they like ticket sales even more.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 04:09:42 pm »

Wonder what home game will be played in either London or Mexico City.  Hopefully, it’s not a divisional game.

Probably the absolute worse case would not be a divisional game but in Mexico vs Chargers as that would be a home game for the Chargers. 

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 05:54:56 pm »

This was prior to the installation of the canopy.
Except that the fans weren't going to the games, and specifically citing the heat as to why.  The front office might like a homefield advantage, but they like ticket sales even more.
I haven’t been to the stadium since they added that canopy. Does it make a difference? How much of the seating does it cover?
I remember being at the stadium and thinking that the dolphins fan base was just pretty pathetic when people around me would cheer every time a cloys past in front of the sun. Seriously? Guys? I mean Come on man.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 12:06:58 pm »

I haven’t been to the stadium since they added that canopy. Does it make a difference? How much of the seating does it cover?
I remember being at the stadium and thinking that the dolphins fan base was just pretty pathetic when people around me would cheer every time a cloys past in front of the sun. Seriously? Guys? I mean Come on man.

The sun sucked.

I can't say it's the reason that I didn't go a lot, but those 1 PM games, you'd come home absolutely exhausted.  I mean...truly, brutally exhausted. 

But yes, the canopy makes loads of difference.  I still don't go to the game very much, but I have moved quite a bit North, so it's a super slog for me to get to the stadium.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 01:41:28 pm »

I still don't go to the game very much, but I have moved quite a bit North, so it's a super slog for me to get to the stadium.
How far north? I come from north of Orlando and Video Ron comes from Ocala. hahaha ...

This Florida heat was/is brutal. I work outside and still had a time with drinking at games in the heat. I've been to games where dozens of fans had to be carried out or helped to get water. I've mentioned it before but many players actually get IVs during halftime.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray