Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:13:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Zach Thomas HOF voting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Zach Thomas HOF voting  (Read 4869 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: January 15, 2020, 01:34:31 pm »

I know we had something in another thread but I think Zach deserves his own. They will announce the new class the day before the Super Bowl.

For all of you Armando Salguero haters ... he is the one who is stating a case for Zach to the 48 Pro Football Hall of Fame selectors ... of which he is one. Salguero is currently working with the Dolphins to bring to light Zach's importance and accolades.  Interesting comment by him this morning. He said he is "hopeful and confident" that Zach will get in this year. I sure hope he is right. It might be time to schedule a trip to Canton.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 02:44:14 pm »

He deserves to get in over most on that list, he should have been in already.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 10:29:12 pm »

All you have to do is compare the stats between Thomas and a recent HOF.  enough said.  The guy deserves to be in the HOF.

My opinion about HOFers is did you perform at a high level, did you perform at a high level for a long time and did you make a difference when you were on/off the field.

Thomas checks all those boxes

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 01:01:57 am »

If Urlacher didn't win a DPOY and his team didn't make it to the SB, he wouldn't be in the HOF, either.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 08:28:42 am »

If Urlacher didn't win a DPOY and his team didn't make it to the SB, he wouldn't be in the HOF, either.
Hogwash
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 09:39:31 am »

Great article about Zach Thomas by Mando.  Not a fan of Mando at all, but this may be the best thing he has ever written.   Zach Thomas was the man!  "Too small"   "Too slow"    Well, ya can't measure heart and hard work.  Zach was and is a great role model for anyone who was ever told that they lacked the physical traits to excel in any given sport.  I will be super stoked and may even shed a sports tear if he gets elected to the HoF. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article239353383.html

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 11:58:33 am »

Zach was on the Joe Rose show this morning and considering how aloof he is to doing that kind of stuff ... it was an awesome interview. He's very candid about just about anything. At least he was with Joe who he obviously has a relationship.

A couple of interesting things he said and obviously I'm paraphrasing ....

- When Wanny would say it's "ok to punt" Zach and the defense would say to themselves "no it's not". He said nothing is more disheartening than just getting to the water to hear them calling the punt team back on.   He said it was his job to motivate the defense rather than let them get down because the offense wasn't holding up their end.

- He said he started crying the moment he saw David Baker walk on set to Jimmy. He said Jimmy absolutely deserves it and even if he doesn't get in that he will be in Canton for Jimmy. This is pretty impressive considering he did not attend Jason Taylor's. Oh .... and he was tearing up talking about Jimmy.

- he said he'd like to coach but won't do anything until his kids are gone. He's enjoying be their Uber driver.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 02:48:42 pm »

I did not realize Armando also presented Jason Taylor last year. Apparently he is credited around Miami for helping Jason to become a first time ballot HOFer as no one expected that. HOF yes. First time ... not so much.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 03:04:25 pm »

JT deserves to be in the hall.  ZT not so much. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 03:09:35 pm »

If you think Urlacher should be in the hall, then ZT should be in the hall.  Any other argument is just trolling.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 10:07:44 pm »

All you have to do is compare the stats between Thomas and a recent HOF.  enough said.  The guy deserves to be in the HOF.

My opinion about HOFers is did you perform at a high level, did you perform at a high level for a long time and did you make a difference when you were on/off the field.

Thomas checks all those boxes

Don't forget Zach has numbers very similar to Brooks as well.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 12:30:08 am »

You guys keep making these comparisons to players with playoff success and DPOY awards as if those things don't affect the voting.
If Zach Thomas had played in a SB or won a DPOY, he would already be a HOFer.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 09:58:16 am »

Whenever I watched the pre-game for the Bears.  One of the “keys of the game” revolver around BU.  Either the Bears win if Brian has a big game or the key for team X is to contain BU.

With Dolphins JT was always the key never Zach.  As a Patriots fan when we played the Bears I was worried about BU, with the Dolphins it was JT not ZT. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 10:45:22 am »

This is an absolute travesty that Atwater got in and Thomas didn't.  First Parker is snubbed by the probowl, now Thomas is snubbed by HoF.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 02:33:31 pm »

Whenever I watched the pre-game for the Bears.  One of the “keys of the game” revolver around BU.  Either the Bears win if Brian has a big game or the key for team X is to contain BU.

With Dolphins JT was always the key never Zach.  As a Patriots fan when we played the Bears I was worried about BU, with the Dolphins it was JT not ZT. 

Are you ok?

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray