Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:16:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Cornerbacks DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar Wanted for Armed Robbery
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cornerbacks DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar Wanted for Armed Robbery  (Read 2038 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« on: May 15, 2020, 05:36:38 am »

This is insane. Warrants have been issued for Baker and Dunbar. Apparently, witnesses claim they robbed a party wielding guns and threatening to kill people.

A first round pick from a year ago and a starting CB sticking up a party. That's... unbelievably stupid. I just don't understand it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29176557/nfl-cornerbacks-deandre-baker-quinton-dunbar-wanted-armed-robbery-charges
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 08:48:30 am »

When I read this last night, I honestly thought it was a joke.

Turns out the only jokes involved are Baker and Dunbar's future NFL employment.

fyo summed it up perfectly..."unbelievably stupid."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 08:52:03 am »

When I saw an article about that last night I was like "wtf".    These guys are worthy of "Dumbass of the Year" nominations for this one. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 08:00:37 pm »

No believers in innocent until proven guilty in this group huh? I haven't seen enough to have any opinion yet but I just saw an article saying four accounts are recanted now. That could be something or not. Like I said, I don't know enough yet.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 09:37:49 am »

No believers in innocent until proven guilty in this group huh? I haven't seen enough to have any opinion yet but I just saw an article saying four accounts are recanted now. That could be something or not. Like I said, I don't know enough yet.

When I see people recant testimony against a rich person after the fact, I am always a little curious how much it took to buy them off...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 10:00:31 am »

And now the Buffalo Bills' #1 draft pick from 2019 has been arrested for DWI, and having a gun in the vehicle.  Under NFL rules a first offense DWI will get him a 2 game suspension, but it may not come for another season.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 10:04:17 am »

That applies for the court of law, not the court of public opinion. Truth is, for the Police to arrest you on these type sof charges and hold you in prison until a large bail is posted, the evidence must be pretty strong. The Giants CB appears to be a real dumbass too, falling asleep several times during tape sessions as a rookie. So, his intelligence does not get the benefit of the doubt from me.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 10:05:22 am »

And now the Buffalo Bills' #1 draft pick from 2019 has been arrested for DWI, and having a gun in the vehicle.  Under NFL rules a first offense DWI will get him a 2 game suspension, but it may not come for another season.
This is why we draft high character guys like Christian Wilkinson instead of arrested criminals like Ed Oliver.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 09:28:10 pm »

Innocent until proven guilty does not apply to the NFL Personal Conduct policy.  Guilty or not, these guys are facing a long suspension.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 10:08:25 am »

Innocent until proven guilty does not apply to the NFL Personal Conduct policy.  Guilty or not, these guys are facing a long suspension.

While I agree, it's emabrassing to the NFLPA that they allow such communist nonsense. Found innocent but still a suspension? Insanity.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 12:20:00 pm »

Charges dropped against Baker.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 10:26:11 am »

Charges dropped against Baker. 

And again, this...

When I see people recant testimony against a rich person after the fact, I am always a little curious how much it took to buy them off...

~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 10:36:48 am »

And again, this...

Unless you were seriously injured or had someone die, $100k in a duffel bag will make any middle class person recant testimony.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray