Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:41:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Haskins On a Short Leash in Washington
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Haskins On a Short Leash in Washington  (Read 2770 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 28, 2020, 11:39:54 am »

Washington head coach Ron Rivera said "there is a cutoff point for me" in waiting for QB Dwayne Haskins to improve.

Rivera reportedly said the Football Team's offensive players "deserve better" from the quarterback. It's a stinging critique of Haskins after his disastrous Week 3 performance against the Browns in which he completed 21-of-37 passes for 224 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions. Outside of the team's scripted plays to start the game, Haskins appears lost, often locking in on one receiver and forcing the ball into tight coverage. Kyle Allen is listed as Haskins' backup. Alex Smith has been inactive for the first three weeks of the season. Allen coming in as the team's starting QB couldn't be worse for their pass catchers than Haskins has been. - Rotoworld

Passing on Tua may haunt that franchise forever.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 12:04:31 pm »

Washington head coach Ron Rivera said "there is a cutoff point for me" in waiting for QB Dwayne Haskins to improve.

Rivera reportedly said the Football Team's offensive players "deserve better" from the quarterback. It's a stinging critique of Haskins after his disastrous Week 3 performance against the Browns in which he completed 21-of-37 passes for 224 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions. Outside of the team's scripted plays to start the game, Haskins appears lost, often locking in on one receiver and forcing the ball into tight coverage. Kyle Allen is listed as Haskins' backup. Alex Smith has been inactive for the first three weeks of the season. Allen coming in as the team's starting QB couldn't be worse for their pass catchers than Haskins has been. - Rotoworld

Passing on Tua may haunt that franchise forever.

Who knows ... they still have a shot to land Trevor Lawerence. I'd play him til the wheels not only fell of but the bus stopped.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 12:20:50 pm »

Who knows ... they still have a shot to land Trevor Lawerence. I'd play him til the wheels not only fell of but the bus stopped.

Getting selfish and imagining a scenario where the Texans pick #1 and the Redskins pick #2 and we just violate that franchise and take all of their draft picks. Washington would do it too, they are dumb and short sighted.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 12:36:26 pm »

Getting selfish and imagining a scenario where the Texans pick #1 and the Redskins pick #2 and we just violate that franchise and take all of their draft picks. Washington would do it too, they are dumb and short sighted.

I laughed so hard reading this that I almost choked on my french fries...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 12:50:54 pm »

I laughed so hard reading this that I almost choked on my french fries...

I did say it was a selfish scenario, although if Houston loses next week to drop to 0-4 then I think they will definitely be in the running for a Top 5 pick.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 01:21:10 pm »

Last night and this morning I watched several of yesterday's games.  Haskins and Sam Darnold are both truly awful.  The Jets are such a complete dumpster fire that I can't see anyone having a worse record (and the number one pick next year) than them.   Darnold will make one really impressive throw and then follow it up with 5 throws that leave even the most casual NFL watching couch warrior scratching their head. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 01:36:35 pm »

Last night and this morning I watched several of yesterday's games.  Haskins and Sam Darnold are both truly awful.  The Jets are such a complete dumpster fire that I can't see anyone having a worse record (and the number one pick next year) than them.   Darnold will make one really impressive throw and then follow it up with 5 throws that leave even the most casual NFL watching couch warrior scratching their head. 

The Jets got destroyed by my 49ers' practice squad this weekend...I'm not going to argue with ya.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 01:42:18 pm »

I live in NY and the media will be insufferable if the Jets get Lawrence to go along with their new coach.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 02:08:25 pm »

I live in NY and the media will be insufferable if the Jets get Lawrence to go along with their new coach.
I think everything in our arsenal should be used to keep this from happening.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 02:13:41 pm »

The Jets got destroyed by my 49ers' practice squad this weekend...I'm not going to argue with ya.

A good buddy of mine is a big 49ers fan and he texted me almost the exact same comment as you regarding the practice squad.  The Giants made Mullens look like Joe Montana yesterday too.  He completed passes to TEN different guys for well over 300 yards. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 02:44:16 pm »

It's the Jets, they could get Lawrence and 1986 Bill Parcells and they would still win 5 games a year.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 03:19:09 pm »

Could you imagine a division with Josh Allen, who's proving to be legit, Tua who arguably had the best college career a QB has ever had, and Lawrence who is great in his own right at a college level?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 08:23:54 pm »

What? Do you mean like letting them win the two games against us just so they don't get the top pick? lol Now that would be gamesmanship.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 08:25:29 pm »

Sadly, I think Adam Gase has shown he is NOT HC material.  He needs to go back to being a position coach, where he can excel.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 11:06:14 pm »

Sadly, I think Adam Gase has shown he is NOT HC material.  He needs to go back to being a position coach, where he can excel.

I think the jets should keep him at HC .. and give him a 10 year extension.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray