Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:09:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Dan Quinn Fired and the GM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dan Quinn Fired and the GM  (Read 1470 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: October 11, 2020, 10:44:02 pm »

Should've happened last year when they started 1-7. The team foolishly ended the year going 6-2, not only killing their draft position but saving the coach's job. Those meaningless winning streaks kill your next season too.

Next up is Adam Gase and that may come next week when we beat the Jets.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 11:03:21 pm »

I would have fired him after Super Bowl 51.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 08:00:57 pm »

I would have fired him with 6 minutes to play in the 4th quarter of Super Bowl 51.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 08:52:39 am »

I can't believe they didn't replace him with you.  Do they not recognize the brilliant football mind that you possess? 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 11:18:33 pm »

I think ANY football fan could have handled that fourth quarter better than he did.

After the Jones catch

RUN THE BALL THREE TIMES

MAKE THE PATRIOTS USE THEIR TIMEOUTS

KICK THE FIELD GOAL

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 12:22:07 am »

Just for the record, ATL's playcalling in that Super Bowl after they scored their 4th touchdown:

- pass for 9yds (clock running)
- run for loss + offensive holding (clock running)
- incomplete pass (clock stopped)
- sack (clock running)
- punt

- run for 8yds (clock running)
- run for 1yd (clock running)
- sack strip fumble

- pass for 39yds (clock running, first down)
- run for 2yds (clock running)
- pass for 27yds (clock running, first down)
- run for loss (clock running)
- sack (clock running)
- pass for 9yds + offensive holding (clock stopped)
- incomplete pass (clock stopped)
- punt

You'll notice that most of those plays had the clock running, and ATL's attempts to run the ball were getting completely stuffed.  If it wasn't for their passing game, their offense would have gone completely silent.

Also keep in mind that NE still had two timeouts remaining at the end of regulation.  If ATL kicks a field goal (and makes it), NE would have used their timeouts and had plenty of time to get in FG range.

The idea that ATL should have just given up at the NE 22, kicked a FG, and trusted their hemorrhaging defense to hold is not very well substantiated.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 01:00:33 pm »

After the Julio Jones catch it there was 4:40 left

Let's say you run it three times in a row, and wind up at the twenty five yard line.

You force the Patriots to use their timeouts.

You kick the field goal, to make it a two score game with about 4:20 left, which is being generous.

You kick off.  The Patriots will almost certainly not score before the two minute warning.

Either way they have to recover an onside kick, or complete hail mary to win or tie.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 01:03:33 pm »

After the pass for nine yards, I would have run two quarterback sneaks (if the first one didn't get the first down)

On the fumble drive, I would have run the ball on third and one.  Even if you don't get it, you run the clock, and force the Patriots to drive much farther after a punt.

Somebody actually did a simulation on if the Falcons had just kneeled every play when it was 28-3.  The simulation ended with the Falcons winning.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 03:36:28 pm »

Somebody actually did a simulation on if the Falcons had just kneeled every play when it was 28-3.  The simulation ended with the Falcons winning.
In that simulation, I'm sure the Falcons' defense didn't allow three touchdowns and a FG on the next four NE possessions.

After 28-3, ATL had three possessions with a lead.
If you kneel 3 times (or run into the line) every play and then punt, that's 9 total plays where the clock is running between downs.
In reality, due to passes for first downs, ATL had 10 total plays where the clock was running between downs.
Even with the extra clock burned, NE had last possession of regulation with two timeouts in hand.

The idea that all ATL had to do was run the ball is nonsense.  Their defense completely imploded and NE was scoring at will.  The only way for the Falcons to win that game would have been for Matt Ryan to throw another TD.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 04:25:40 pm »

In that simulation, I'm sure the Falcons' defense didn't allow three touchdowns and a FG on the next four NE possessions.

After 28-3, ATL had three possessions with a lead.
If you kneel 3 times (or run into the line) every play and then punt, that's 9 total plays where the clock is running between downs.
In reality, due to passes for first downs, ATL had 10 total plays where the clock was running between downs.
Even with the extra clock burned, NE had last possession of regulation with two timeouts in hand.

The idea that all ATL had to do was run the ball is nonsense.  Their defense completely imploded and NE was scoring at will.  The only way for the Falcons to win that game would have been for Matt Ryan to throw another TD.

The simulation was of course tongue in check.

However, I certainly would have quarterback sneaked it after the 9 yard completion

I certainly would have run it on third and one.

I certainly would have run it three times and tried the field goal.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray