Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:13 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Who has already voted and how?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Who has already voted and how?  (Read 1839 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: October 26, 2020, 07:10:56 pm »

Have any of you voted yet? Years ago I was adamant that my vote would only be cast on election day. Now I'm more about getting through the line but still doing it in person. I went to our local library on Sunday and was only behind three people in line. I was pleasantly surprised and when I left it just started to form outside the door.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 07:40:38 pm »

I turned in my vote-by-mail ballot last week.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 11:09:20 pm »

I voted in-person early, on the first day it was available.

I only waited 9 minutes, but I'm fortunate enough to work from home, so I was able to go at like 2:30 on a Monday.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 05:42:13 pm »

I turned in my absentee ballot today.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 12:01:08 pm »

Have any of you voted yet? Years ago I was adamant that my vote would only be cast on election day. Now I'm more about getting through the line but still doing it in person. I went to our local library on Sunday and was only behind three people in line. I was pleasantly surprised and when I left it just started to form outside the door.
It's funny to me there is a line when I drive by there. If history repeats itself there will be less of a crowd on election day than there currently is. I'm traditional I guess because I always enjoy the excitement of going first thing on election day to vote.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 01:47:42 pm »

I voted about 2 or 3 weeks ago.  Requested mail in ballot, returned it the next day. 

Normally I vote in person, in my suburban town the line is pretty short even during rush hour and I enjoy chatting with others and giving words of encouragement to the sign holders.  Occasionally a local candidate will be there and it is alway nice to meet them.

However, this year ... covid. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2020, 02:23:57 pm »

I handed my mail-in ballot at the Supervisor of Elections office in Delray before election day. They had a person out there with a local law enforcement official to make sure idiots like me put the ballot in the right box.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2020, 05:15:55 pm »

I just saw a stat that only 15% of the votes in my county were done on election day. Sure makes it easy to get in and out for those of us that do.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2020, 09:01:13 pm »

I just saw a stat that only 15% of the votes in my county were done on election day. Sure makes it easy to get in and out for those of us that do.
I had no trouble as I mentioned. I must just have timed it right.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:03:31 pm by CF DolFan » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 10:46:10 am »

I gotta give kudos to Florida for how we handled this election.

Voting was easy, always felt safe, votes got counted quickly.  We seemed to have anticipated a lot of the issues and having dealt with Bush v. Gore, have taken the steps to make it smooth.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2020, 05:10:06 pm »

I gotta give kudos to Florida for how we handled this election.

Voting was easy, always felt safe, votes got counted quickly.  We seemed to have anticipated a lot of the issues and having dealt with Bush v. Gore, have taken the steps to make it smooth.
I really wish we could standardize voting and voting rules for each state.  In this day and age it's absolutely ridiculous that every state isn't up to par with the ones that are. Voting is our singular most important right as a citizen and everyone should be able to trust the system.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 02:53:24 pm »

As having no party affiliation I've been hoping primaries would open up for a while.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 04:04:56 pm »

Joining a party is free.

I think open primaries are too vulnerable to ratfcking, especially in a situation where the opposing primary is uncontested.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 04:38:18 pm »

Joining a party is free.

I think open primaries are too vulnerable to ratfcking, especially in a situation where the opposing primary is uncontested.

I say you only get to choose one party primary, not sure if this will be our plan,  and if people choose to waste their time attempting to ratfuck the other side they may be hurting themselves down the ticket by not getting the people they like in other races.

Joining a party isn't my style. I'm a centrist and don't vote down the ballot. At least this will allow me some say toward the candidate I like best for the top of the ballot.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 06:27:03 pm »

I think if one is that committed to not joining a party, one shouldn't be able to pick that party's nominee.  In other words, if joining a party for the primary and then leaving after is too much work, you probably shouldn't be choosing who that party's nominee is.

I really don't like the idea of rewarding tampering from people who don't intend to support the nominee in the general anyway.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray