Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:09:07 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Cardinals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Cardinals  (Read 2247 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 08, 2020, 09:19:47 pm »

Flores

Just because it worked out does not mean it was a good decision

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 09:52:25 pm »

Flores

Just because it worked out does not mean it was a good decision

I didn't agree with the decision but it worked out and the true shame goes to Jordan Howard. He should just be released at this point. We hit on our free agent signings except for him. Total disaster.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 04:49:06 am »

Flores. He's turned into scaredy-cat this year. Fortunately for the fins, he was bailed out by an even worse decision by the Kingsbury. That my opinion aligns with d4l is giving me second thoughts, though.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 07:47:40 am »

Can you guys be more specific, I have no idea what you're talking about.  How do you give it to the head coach when we beat a potential superbowl contender?

I give mine to Xavien Howard, he was a PI machine.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 08:20:52 am »

Can you guys be more specific, I have no idea what you're talking about.  How do you give it to the head coach when we beat a potential superbowl contender?

I give mine to Xavien Howard, he was a PI machine.

I really think Howard got shafted by one of the most PI-happy crews I've seen in a long time. Two of the four just were not there and one of those was completely on Hopkins. Howard got his head and upper body around and was about to intercept the ball when Hopkins slammed into his back. That cannot be OPI in any way shape or form. (This was the "offsetting" one of his 4 PIs).

With regards to Flores, what I have a serious problem with is the decision to kick a 50 yard field goal with 3-something remaining on 4th and a foot. Particularly in a game where you've showed little ability to stop the opponent. Fortunately, Arizona decided to return the favor and gamble on a 49-yard field goal to tie with enough time left for the Dolphins to come back, instead of trying to convert a 4th and 1.

Arizona's probability of winning had they made the field goal AND stopped the Dolphins from putting more points up would have been 50/50. Prior to this game, the Cardinals had converted 2-or-less to go 3rd and 4th downs 77% of the time this season (4th best) and the Dolphins had allowed 2-or-less to go a league-worst 79% of the time. Sure, you got unlucky once in the game, but this is the standard scaredy-cat choice by coaches to postpone losing decisions (like waiting to go for two, kicking now when you need a TD as well, etc). Coaches have gotten A LOT better over the past few years and Flores was actually very good last season, but for some reason he has regressed. That's why it's particularly frustrating that he's been making bad decisions lately - even when they happen to work out.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 08:42:59 am »

I can't give a shame of the game for this one. Sure, Jordan Howard looks like he is on his last legs out there, but he still converted a few important short-yardage plays for Miami. Xavien Howard may have had 3-4 PI calls, but that was pretty much all that Hopkins got from him the entire game. Flores may have made a questionable play-call or two, but his team just beat a legitimate playoff contender, and that's my bottom line when it comes to coaches.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 09:56:26 am »

I can't give a shame of the game for this one. Sure, Jordan Howard looks like he is on his last legs out there, but he still converted a few important short-yardage plays for Miami. Xavien Howard may have had 3-4 PI calls, but that was pretty much all that Hopkins got from him the entire game. Flores may have made a questionable play-call or two, but his team just beat a legitimate playoff contender, and that's my bottom line when it comes to coaches.

Ditto. 
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 11:11:44 am »

Xavien Howard was very unlucky, if he was wearing a Patriots jersey with a Gilmore nameplate it would have been a no-call almost every time...

Jordan Howard seems to be used as the short yardage back - he did his job every time it was called. Yes he may be a very overpaid short yardage back, but that may be Gailey's fault...

I am a bit surprised to see Flores mentioned here... I could not see any bad call he made in this game.

If I had to pick a victim, it would be Byron Jones for completely blowing the man on man coverage on Kirk leading to the TD. The second one with Daniels he was unlucky, but it's still another TD black mark against his name.

Like I said in another thread, if you choose to play man-on-man and stick 7 or 8 in the box to pass/run rush, you then live by the sword and die by it... but I do love our bravery in playing that way.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 08:40:21 pm »

Flores made the only questionable decision of the game

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 11:59:50 am »

I think and hope Xavien Howard just had a bad game against a good receiving crew. I'd rather give up PI's than big plays. We'll see in the next couple games. I was hoping to see Laird a bit more in there.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray