Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:10:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  108 illegals from Mexico tested positive for 'rona before being released into TX
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 108 illegals from Mexico tested positive for 'rona before being released into TX  (Read 2296 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: March 03, 2021, 04:31:13 pm »

I guess worrying about spreading Corona only matters if they are a legal conservatives. This is stupid on two accounts but I'm sure they will find support among many of you. Keeping illegals and then putting them on the streets while infected is completely effed up. BTW .. the kids are still in cages but media is silent.

At least 108 illegal immigrants tested positive for coronavirus before being released into Texas by Border Patrol. Romero said the positive individuals were advised to quarantine, but officials don't have the authority to stop them from traveling elsewhere in the US.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9322407/108-migrants-tested-positive-coronavirus-released-Texas.html
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 04:32:56 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 04:34:57 pm »

I guess worrying about spreading Corona only matters if they are a legal conservatives. This is stupid on two accounts but I'm sure they will find support among many of you. Keeping illegals and then putting them on the streets while infected is completely effed up. BTW .. the kids are still in cages but media is silent.

At least 108 illegal immigrants tested positive for coronavirus before being released into Texas by Border Patrol. Romero said the positive individuals were advised to quarantine, but officials don't have the authority to stop them from traveling elsewhere in the US.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9322407/108-migrants-tested-positive-coronavirus-released-Texas.html
The kids were separated from their parents and in cages before Trump and now after Trump. Kind of speaks volumes. Bunch of damn clowns, haha.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 09:10:51 pm »

As long as they don't wear masks, it should be fine!
Let Freedom Ring

BTW .. the kids are still in cages but media is silent.
This is cut of the same cloth as the "Biden bombed Syria" complaints.  It's silly to act like you care about what happens to undocumented immigrant children, but let's play along:

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) under the Trump Administration was directed to separate families arriving at the border and put the kids in literal fenced containment (i.e. "cages").  This policy was enacted specifically to deter immigrants from attempting to gain entry to the US.  (This policy also applied to immigrants LEGALLY applying for asylum.)

Biden has already ended that policy; DHS no longer separates families at the border.  But when unaccompanied minors are detained at the border, something has to be done with them until the government can find a responsible adult to take custody of them; we cannot simply release children into the streets alone.  The necessities of distancing during the COVID pandemic adds additional stress on the available resources.  So Biden directed the Department of Health and Human Services - not the Department of Homeland Security, Customs & Border Protection, Immigration & Customs Enforcement, or any other law-enforcement agency, but a health and welfare agency - to open and administer a facility in Carrizo Springs, at which these unaccompanied children are taken care of until a home in the US can be found.

These are not "cages."  It's a former camp for oil field workers.  The children are housed in trailers until a sponsor can be located (usually family already in the US).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:13:19 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 10:06:24 pm »

As long as they don't wear masks, it should be fine!
Let Freedom Ring
This is cut of the same cloth as the "Biden bombed Syria" complaints.  It's silly to act like you care about what happens to undocumented immigrant children, but let's play along:
Are you that dense? I couldn't give a rats behind about where those kids are being housed as long as they are getting food and water. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the left for which you justified why it's now OK and thus proving my point.  SMH

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 10:24:25 pm »

I couldn't give a rats behind about where those kids are being housed as long as they are getting food and water.
EXACTLY

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the left for which you justified why it's now OK and thus proving my point.  SMH
I "justified it" by pointing out that it's not true.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 08:04:17 am »

EXACTLY
I "justified it" by pointing out that it's not true.
Specifically, what's not true?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 12:36:02 pm »

The policy of the Trump Administration was to separate immigrant children from their families and detain these separated children in cages; pictures of these cages full of children were the genesis of the "kids in cages" complaint.  This policy has been ended, in two respects:

1) immigrant children are no longer separated from their families
2) unaccompanied children are no longer detained in cages by law enforcement; they are housed in the aforementioned trailers by Health & Human Services until sponsors can be located and verified

The difference between "detained" and "housed" is meaningful and relevant.  For example, we don't say that children in foster care are being "detained" because it is not a law enforcement action.  Similarly, HHS is not "detaining" these unaccompanied immigrant children; they are housing them.

So no, it's not true that "the kids are still in cages." They are no longer in the custody of law enforcement, and they are being housed in trailers.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 12:37:33 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 04:43:09 pm »

Let's forget the stupid kids in cages thing as you obviously don't get it. How do you feel about releasing all these illegals into our states with Covid? Are you OK with that? I mean that kinds of is what this thread is about.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 10:00:29 pm »

I'm confused as to why you care so much about the infection status of these immigrants.  I thought you were all about freedom and living your life without fear.

I mean, we can treat COVID like it's an extremely dangerous concern, or like it's a fake news hoax made up to discredit our glorious god-king The Donald.  But we can't really do both.  And since TX just recently announced that they are no longer going to bend the knee to this overhyped flu, seems like that's as good a place as any to release them.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 09:30:38 am »

You have a real issue answering questions like this don't you? LMAO ....  You can pretend I have hypocritical issues or whatever else you can come up with but you still haven't come close to answering the question. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 11:44:34 am »

I thought my position would have been self-explanatory, but I guess not.  So let me clarify:

Imagine, for the sake of argument, that we considered these immigrants not to be dangerous vermin, but instead humans with basic human rights.  If you could hypothetically imagine how you would feel about humans being "released" into the public, that might describe how I feel about the release of these ~1700 immigrants into the public, including the 6.3% who had tested positive for COVID.

The reason why I mention your hypocrisy is because you have been an active cheerleader for Real Americans who want to run around exposing people to COVID.  But now that it's the illegals, suddenly you care about the dire threat of COVID?  Nah, this is just another attempt to grab for any straw you can to strike at the invaders pouring over our border.

This is like you citing an article about how these immigrants are radical religious fundamentalists who don't respect our constitutionally-enshrined right to an abortion.  It's transparently bad faith.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 02:42:16 pm »

Again avoiding the answer. You already know I don't want illegals here so the fact they have Covid is a moot point. The question is directed towards you and yours who want illegals to run free in our country and me wodering if you even care that they have Covid. Trying to equate free US citizens going out and might get exposed to Covid and  illegals who actually have Covid isn't anywhere close to a rational argument.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 02:56:42 pm »

If you're looking for a direct answer to your question...I'm not even sure what the question is, but I think the general response is this:

If one feels that someone in your country shouldn't be detained, that COVID positivity is not a reason to detain them.
We simultaneously believe that you should quarantine for 2 weeks once you test positive, regardless of legal status.

I realize that there is an overlap of people where that might not be possible, but 108 cases is a relatively small number to set specific policy around.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 04:35:29 pm »

Again avoiding the answer. You already know I don't want illegals here so the fact they have Covid is a moot point. The question is directed towards you and yours who want illegals to run free in our country and me wodering if you even care that they have Covid. Trying to equate free US citizens going out and might get exposed to Covid and  illegals who actually have Covid isn't anywhere close to a rational argument.

LOL.  Spider just can't admit that his Democratic brethren are wrong on anything. lol
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 12:35:50 am »

I'm not sure why you guys are pretending like you can't understand what my position is on this.  Dave understood it very easily, and it's not like I'm the one faking anxiety about COVID after months of downplaying it.  But let me try once more:

With respect to COVID, I think these immigrants should be treated exactly like any other humans in this country.  If you wouldn't detain citizens because they have COVID, you shouldn't detain these immigrants, either.  If you would, then you should.

Now, are you asking if I think the US should have more aggressive and restrictive policies to stop the spread of COVID?  Of course!  I've been saying that for a year.  But unlike the people that are fake concern trolling in this thread, I don't think we should have restrictive COVID policies only for people we don't like.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray