Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:23:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  No Fun League
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: No Fun League  (Read 3689 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 07:18:37 am »

It's one of the things I dislike about the UFC.  They play up the antics because it gets them short-term ratings, but it makes the whole sport look like a circus and keeps it from reaching its fullest potential, IMO.

If I had three thumbs I would give all three thumbs up to your comment.  If they would just cut the WWE antics, I would like UFC a lot more.  I get it that maybe the "core audience" of UFC likes that stuff (which is why they do it) but it really takes away from the legitimacy of UFC as a sport. Just shut up and fight. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 09:13:47 am »

If I had three thumbs I would give all three thumbs up to your comment.  If they would just cut the WWE antics, I would like UFC a lot more.  I get it that maybe the "core audience" of UFC likes that stuff (which is why they do it) but it really takes away from the legitimacy of UFC as a sport. Just shut up and fight. 

Usually, the very best fighters don't have that.  There is an honor among them.  I get a proud feeling when I see a horrific fight and dudes hugging at the end, or when the loser raises up the winners hand.  I think it's such a better, stronger, more human message about competition and hard work.  It makes you like both people.  When they're talking shit, it feels like I'm watching bad reality TV.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 09:24:25 am »

Usually, the very best fighters don't have that.  There is an honor among them.  I get a proud feeling when I see a horrific fight and dudes hugging at the end, or when the loser raises up the winners hand.  I think it's such a better, stronger, more human message about competition and hard work.  It makes you like both people.  When they're talking shit, it feels like I'm watching bad reality TV.

Indeed.  For me that is one of the great signs of sportsmanship.  When a couple guys try to beat the absolute shit out of each other and then support each other after the match, that is really cool. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 12:07:40 pm »

So the premise of this thread is the definition of "fun" is "poor sportsmanship, harassing others, and provoking fights"
Any grown man provoked in to fighting by words of another man is mentally, emotionally, and intellectually weak. Doesn't matter what is said. Once you put your hands on someone, all bets are off. Whatever happens to you is your own fault. Words don't matter....

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 02:59:23 pm »

Not to mention that when the opening bell rings, they step forward with one hand raised and touch gloves, then step back and get into their fighting positions before beginning the fight.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray