Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:04:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  NC State baseball kicked out of College World Series
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NC State baseball kicked out of College World Series  (Read 1996 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: June 28, 2021, 11:31:38 am »

They were forced to forfeit their game against Vanderbilt due to players testing positive for COVID (some of whom were vaccinated). 

If contact tracing was involved, why is Vanderbilt being allowed to move on and play??  Also, why are 21,000 fans being packed in the stadium??
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 12:48:14 pm »

I don't mean this to start a big fight but at what point do they just admit that in shape and healthy kids aged between 18-22 are not at any sort of risk of being affected negatively by COVID and just let them play? Let the elder or in bad health people quarantine or be removed from games, now this whole tournament has an asterisk next to it and the Vanderbilt players know it wasn't 100% legit. Who wins?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 04:14:31 pm »

Was the Bucks' win over the Nets "legit" with Kyrie out and Harden hobbled? I don't see any asterisks there.  How about the Cavs' win when Draymond was suspended for a game during the Finals?  If your opponent can't play, that's on THEM, not you.  No other ability matters without availability.

This was a completely preventable medical disqualification.  NC State, being quite aware that a fully vaccinated team would not have to test at all, chose instead to sow the wind, and now they're reaping the whirlwind.

I don't mean this to start a big fight but at what point do they just admit that in shape and healthy kids aged between 18-22 are not at any sort of risk of being affected negatively by COVID and just let them play?
Never.

Last I heard, Jayson Tatum is still experiencing long-term effects from COVID.  It is absolutely incorrect to say unvaccinated players are "not at any risk" from COVID.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 04:17:44 pm »

Was the Bucks' win over the Nets "legit" with Kyrie out and Harden hobbled? I don't see any asterisks there.  How about the Cavs' win when Draymond was suspended for a game during the Finals?  If your opponent can't play, that's on THEM, not you.  No other ability matters without availability.

This was a completely preventable medical disqualification.  NC State, being quite aware that a fully vaccinated team would not have to test at all, chose instead to sow the wind, and now they're reaping the whirlwind.
Never.

Last I heard, Jayson Tatum is still experiencing long-term effects from COVID.  It is absolutely incorrect to say unvaccinated players are "not at any risk" from COVID.

Perhaps it shouldn't be considered a medical disqualification at all.   This is complete horseshit.  If everyone would quit being so fucking scared and go on with life as normal, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 05:11:51 pm »

Perhaps it shouldn't be considered a medical disqualification at all.   This is complete horseshit.  If everyone would quit being so fucking scared and go on with life as normal, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

If everyone did the responsible thing and got vaccinated we could go on with life as normal.  NCAA's mistake was not making the rule, "No vax, no play"

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 05:41:58 pm »

If everyone would quit being so fucking scared and go on with life as normal, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
To clarify: do you mean "scared" of the disease that has killed over half a million Americans during the last year, or "scared" of the vaccine that hasn't killed any Americans?

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 06:12:40 pm »

To clarify: do you mean "scared" of the disease that has killed over half a million Americans during the last year, or "scared" of the vaccine that hasn't killed any Americans?

Scared of the disease that has a 99.6% survival rate.  Because during SARS and H1N1, we went on as normal
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 07:49:15 pm »

Scared of the disease that has a 99.6% survival rate.  Because during SARS and H1N1, we went on as normal

SARS killed less than 800 people worldwide and zero in the US, totally comparable to covids 3 million deaths worldwide and half a million in the US.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 08:56:01 pm »

Scared of the disease that has a 99.6% survival rate.  Because during SARS and H1N1, we went on as normal
And yet apparently, there are NC State players who are scared of the vaccines that have a 0.00000% fatality rate.

P.S.  I know the COVID denialist camp loves to inflate the survival rate.  Current COVID statistics:

Worldwide
182,176,489 confirmed cases
3,944,936 deaths
= 97.83% survival rate

USA
34,510,530 confirmed cases
619,582 deaths
= 98.20% survival rate

Two things:
1) The COVID fatality rate is four-and-a-half times higher than you claim
2) For an extremely infectious disease, a 1.8% fatality rate is incredibly dangerous
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 09:05:21 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 10:19:07 pm »

And yet apparently, there are NC State players who are scared of the vaccines that have a 0.00000% fatality rate.

P.S.  I know the COVID denialist camp loves to inflate the survival rate.  Current COVID statistics:

Worldwide
182,176,489 confirmed cases
3,944,936 deaths
= 97.83% survival rate

USA
34,510,530 confirmed cases
619,582 deaths
= 98.20% survival rate

Two things:
1) The COVID fatality rate is four-and-a-half times higher than you claim
2) For an extremely infectious disease, a 1.8% fatality rate is incredibly dangerous

Most of the deaths were for underlying complications.  Not to mention hospitals were told to list normal deaths as COVID.  I don't trust your numbers any further than I can throw them.

The deadliest virus in the United States is the media
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2021, 12:49:08 am »

There were over 400,000 more American deaths in 2020 than in 2019.
What's your explanation... alien abductions?  The rapture?  Deaths are pretty hard to fake.

If you had asthma for 40 years, then you caught COVID and died 3 weeks later... you didn't die of asthma.   COVID killed you.

Ultimately, what's the point of this thread?  If the main thrust behind this thread is "COVID is fake news," why are you just now singling out the CWS?  Sports all over the world have been drastically impacted by COVID for the last year.  The NFL made the Denver Broncos start a practice squad receiver at QB because of COVID!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 01:17:38 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray