Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:57:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Covid in Florida
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Covid in Florida  (Read 17942 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2021, 02:37:30 pm »

So for reasons, I am trying to find out more information on how COVID delta effects pregnant women who are vaccinated.  All I can find are about unvaccinated pregnant women in the ICU.  Does anyone have any information on this? 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2021, 05:54:29 pm »

So for reasons, I am trying to find out more information on how COVID delta effects pregnant women who are vaccinated.  All I can find are about unvaccinated pregnant women in the ICU.  Does anyone have any information on this? 

I wouldn’t sweat it.  The sample size of people who are vaccinated and are adversely affected by Covid is extremely small. The sample size of vaccinated women who become infected with Covid including the delta variant is probably so small that absolutely no conclusion can be drawn.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2021, 12:55:30 pm »

CF, are you vaccinated?

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2021, 01:20:24 pm »

Also, some guy you play softball with that isn't a virologist isn't qualified to have an opinion on the safety of vaccines.  Jesus Christ, people.  We have scientists who study viruses their entire lives that we depend on to inform us on the safety and efficacy of these vaccines.

...not some salesman.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2021, 02:46:04 pm »

Also, some guy you play softball with that isn't a virologist isn't qualified to have an opinion on the safety of vaccines.  Jesus Christ, people.  We have scientists who study viruses their entire lives that we depend on to inform us on the safety and efficacy of these vaccines.

...not some salesman.
No I'm not. I'm going off the original inventor of the mRNA vaccine (and DNA vaccine) core platform technology currently used to create the vaccine.  Dr Robert W Malone said if you have had Covid then there is no reason to get the vaccine. He said having Covid would make you less likely than a vaccine to get it again. DR. Malone also questions why they never discuss all the negatives. He says  "Why is it necessary to suppress discussion and full disclosure of information concerning mRNA reactogenicity and safety risks?"

I have reason to believe I know of 4 people who have died from the vaccine but zero from Covid. They want me to take a vaccine they can't guarantee won't kill me but they accept no responsibility if it does. That isn't good enough for me.

With all that said I would still take the advice of a medical salesperson who is in the know about vaccines and what has been happening to anyone on a message board.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2021, 02:58:15 pm »

I have reason to believe I know of 4 people who have died from the vaccine but zero from Covid....

Every time you say something like "I know people who..." or "I know a bunch of Democrats that..." I reflexively do one of those "cough-BULLSHIT-cough."

Never any support to back it up...just a random "I know people, so take this seriously, dammit..." approach. No wonder you like Trump so much...he got elected by making shit up on a daily basis.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2021, 03:43:12 pm »

Why would you get the vaccine if you had COVID already?  The point of the vaccine is to give you antibodies, you already have those if you had COVID.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2021, 03:55:06 pm »

The antibodies that you receive from having COVID are not nearly as good as the antibodies you get from the vaccines.  (You can see this from the severity of breakthrough cases among COVID survivors vs. the vaccinated.)

This is because the vaccines are designed to train your immune system how to fight COVID, whereas your unassisted natural immune system just focuses on killing the immediate threat (as opposed to preparing to stop future similar threats).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 03:57:45 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2021, 03:58:59 pm »

I got the J&J shot a couple months back, but say I'm an unvaccinated person that got COVID.  I recover, do you think it would be wise to wait a few months before getting vaccinated, or should it be right away? 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2021, 04:04:58 pm »

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

People with COVID-19 who have symptoms should wait to be vaccinated until they have recovered from their illness and have met the criteria for discontinuing isolation; those without symptoms should also wait until they meet the criteria before getting vaccinated. This guidance also applies to people who get COVID-19 before getting their second dose of vaccine.

So basically, as soon as you recover, you have the green light (provided that you were not treated for COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, in which case you should wait 90 days).

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2021, 06:35:22 pm »

And here we go:

Florida Hospital Admissions Break Covid Record Set in January

The highly contagious delta variant is proving a dangerous mix with Florida’s bustling tourism industry -- especially for young adults.

Average daily hospital admissions among 18-39 year olds in Florida have jumped about 150% in the past two weeks to a record-shattering rate, which is exceeded nationally only by a young-adults’ surge in New Mexico last year, according to data from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Total single-day admissions with confirmed Covid -- 1,288 on Saturday -- surpassed the previous Florida peak in January, even as older state residents fare better.

In a sign of delta’s infectiousness, the hospital surge has unfolded about three times faster than the previous one, which crested six months ago.

Ride that train all the way to the bottom.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2021, 01:13:22 pm »

I read a study today (granted, it's just one study) that Delta is showing similar amount of viral load in both vaccinated and unvaccinated carriers.

I don't know if that means you're less likely to contract if vaccinated, but that once you have it, your ability to spread it to another person is the same, whether vaxxed or not.

If this is true, that's bad.  But it's behind the CDC guidance for vaxxed people to wear masks again.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2021, 08:37:51 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTE4m4HqP3U    Even in this video, reading the comments, they are virtually , all negative, meaning that nobody believes it is serious.  Maybe my friend was right. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:42:57 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2021, 11:19:34 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTE4m4HqP3U    Even in this video, reading the comments, they are virtually , all negative, meaning that nobody believes it is serious.  Maybe my friend was right. 

It's serious but not deadly.  COVID kills less people than lung cancer or drunk driving crashes.  Turns out I've contracted the Delta variant.  What started out as a summer cold has turned into a mild fever with a lot of coughing up phlegm, blowing out snot, and I've been really tired.  Yesterday, I lost my senses of taste and smell.  But I'm breathing normally and I'm determined to survive this.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2021, 03:41:27 am »

It's serious but not deadly. COVID kills less people than lung cancer or drunk driving crashes.
Over the last 18 months, COVID has killed over 600,000 Americans.
Over the previous 20 years, drunk driving killed 251,032 Americans.

COVID is FAR more deadly than drunk driving, and it's not even close.  Lung cancer is far more deadly than drunk driving, but still not as bad as COVID: in 2019, there were 139,603 lung cancer deaths in the US.

Turns out I've contracted the Delta variant.
I wish you a speedy recovery.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray