Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:35:04 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2020 Olympics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2020 Olympics  (Read 3448 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 01:18:24 pm »

Boxing yes.

Basketball no.  NBA is not an international tournament, it is a national one.
A national one that all the best players from around the world try to play in, and means more to those players than a gold medal.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2021, 08:05:38 pm »

I'd be interested to hear from players with exactly 1 NBA title and 1 gold medal to hear which one matters more to them.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 09:56:54 am »

I'd be interested to hear from players with exactly 1 NBA title and 1 gold medal to hear which one matters more to them.

Me too but my off the cuff opinion probably says NBA Title. Not that the Olympics are easy or as often, but you're kind of supposed to win the Gold medal when you are USA since it is our sport and we have by far the best talent. Not to mention, the tournament is a fraction of your average NBA season.

Ask Patrick Ewing if he would trade in his 1992 Dream Team Gold Medal for an NBA Ring and he would stampede an orphanage to tell you his ring size.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 02:45:10 pm »

I have to imagine that there are some players (in the pre-Dream Team era) that never had a chance to play for their country and would have loved to do so.

That's why I'd want to ask a player that has one of each, so there isn't that aspect of wanting what you don't have.  I think if Melo could trade one of his gold medals for a ring he'd do it, but I also think that if Horace Grant or Rick Fox could trade one of their rings for a gold medal, they'd do that too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 02:48:22 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray