Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:35:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Texans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Texans  (Read 2111 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 07, 2021, 07:41:32 pm »

How about the entire offense?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 09:06:39 pm »

Jesse Davis. He can never start again unless multiple people get hurt. Hunt to RT and let Solomon play again.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 06:47:07 am »

How about whoever designs and calls the run plays right up the gut. Fully two thirds of our runs are up the middle and the result is 31st in the league. Granted, it's not like we're brilliant in any aspect of the run game, but I'd rather not suck AND be predictable.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 02:36:13 pm »

Flores - Technically this is a win, but scoring only 17 points is pretty sucky for the NFL.  Miami scored ZERO points in the second half!  C'mon, Flores needs to fire the OC's and line coaches, they couldn't possibly get anyone worse.  I hate when there is constant change with OC's year to year, but these guys suck!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 02:39:00 pm »

Brissett.  I don't care if he didn't have the worst game, he's still so bad.  Dude reads defenses so slow and moves like his shoes are concrete.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 02:42:43 pm »

Brissett.  I don't care if he didn't have the worst game, he's still so bad.  Dude reads defenses so slow and moves like his shoes are concrete.

For a Veteran QB he should play much better than he has in games.  At this point they should use the practice squad QB and try to develop him.  Those guys come out loose with nothing to lose and catch the defenses off-guard.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 04:34:50 pm »

Ownership. And this will be my SOTG for the remainder of the season, unless it's against the rules. Until the ownership hires smart and competent football people to run the team, make the right decisions for the team, and puts the team in a good place to be competitive and successful, I'm putting the blame at the top.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 04:39:08 am »

Jesse Davis. He can never start again unless multiple people get hurt. Hunt to RT and let Solomon play again.

From what I saw in the "highlights" package of the game, I agree. Davis was a total liability this game as the strong side tackle - lord help Tua when he's supposed to protect his blind side...

I can't work out why the hell they mucked around with the right side of the line that worked so well last year (Hunt at RT, Kindley at RG). If something ain't broke...
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 09:19:47 am »

From what I saw in the "highlights" package of the game, I agree. Davis was a total liability this game as the strong side tackle - lord help Tua when he's supposed to protect his blind side...

I can't work out why the hell they mucked around with the right side of the line that worked so well last year (Hunt at RT, Kindley at RG). If something ain't broke...

Are we supposed to believe that Solomon, a rookie who had a strong season by most metrics, suddenly became so terrible in the offseason that we can't even play him on the league's worst O-Line? Same with Austin to a lesser degree? No, that's coaching either being terrible at developing and coaching players or a personal grudge on the coach's part for some reason.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 10:03:18 am »

Are we supposed to believe that Solomon, a rookie who had a strong season by most metrics, suddenly became so terrible in the offseason that we can't even play him on the league's worst O-Line? Same with Austin to a lesser degree? No, that's coaching either being terrible at developing and coaching players or a personal grudge on the coach's part for some reason.

It could also be a personal grudge by the players thinking, "I don't like this coach so I'm gonna play like shit on purpose."   

Hell, Ricky Williams hated Dave Wannsdtedt so much because he was being overused that he fucking quit on him.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 11:30:43 am »

It could also be a personal grudge by the players thinking, "I don't like this coach so I'm gonna play like shit on purpose."   

Hell, Ricky Williams hated Dave Wannsdtedt so much because he was being overused that he fucking quit on him.

Ricky was a special case, his body was breaking down due to overuse and Wannstedt was going to rush him another 300 times on a fringe playoff team, so he bounced. He had some mental issues too but he was right. I don't think any 2nd year player is going to half ass it due to a hatred of the coach, so something else is the issue and it has to be coaching. O-Line guys don't fall off a cliff in their 2nd year, that's not how it goes.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2021, 07:45:23 am »

Ricky Williams played at a time before anyone gave a thought to men's mental heath.  The guy needed a little more understanding and guidance from professionals and he could've lived a more productive and healthy life and had a longer career.  Instead, it was a time where you "tough it out", "rub some dirt on it" and push through, and anxiety just doesn't work that way.  The fact that he got shit from the public for "quitting on his team" is embarrassing for society.  Having had a panic attack before, I can tell you that it's as debilitating, if not more so, than any physical injury I've ever had, and I would walk away too if I were ridiculed for the public for not being able to perform.

The media, the public, and the team failed Ricky Williams.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 11:23:55 pm »

Ricky Williams played at a time before anyone gave a thought to men's mental heath.  The guy needed a little more understanding and guidance from professionals and he could've lived a more productive and healthy life and had a longer career.  Instead, it was a time where you "tough it out", "rub some dirt on it" and push through, and anxiety just doesn't work that way.  The fact that he got shit from the public for "quitting on his team" is embarrassing for society.  Having had a panic attack before, I can tell you that it's as debilitating, if not more so, than any physical injury I've ever had, and I would walk away too if I were ridiculed for the public for not being able to perform.

The media, the public, and the team failed Ricky Williams.

Good points Dave.

On a lighter note, Ricky would have been fine if they just let him self medicate with a little weed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray