Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:14:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Mario Cristobal comes home thanks to Hurricanes' new money and resources
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mario Cristobal comes home thanks to Hurricanes' new money and resources  (Read 1548 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: December 08, 2021, 10:24:47 am »

With all of you South Florida guys I'm very surprised no post about this. The Hurricanes have stepped up big time in committing money and resources to the football team. they are bring in a proven coach/recruiter who also happens to be part of the nostalgia to the old days. While Florida and Florida State continue to try and find the new up and comers Miami has instantly put their selves in competition for some of the best talent in Florida, the southeast, and even the west coast has to offer.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 10:26:24 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 01:03:38 pm »

I don't consider the Hurricanes to be the local team, despite growing up here.  It's not a school that has community support, that anyone actually attends that I know, and is reflective of the people that live here, in my opinion.

They don't even have a stadium.  It's hard for me to get excited about anything about them.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 06:03:05 pm »

I knew he would come if Miami wanted him.   Despite the fact that Oregon has all that money and facilities, they can't keep a coach!!   Cristobal played for Miami, coached at Miami, and grew up about ten minutes from the Orange Bowl. 

He's an amazing recruiter.  His X's and O's need work, but having good coordinators can overcome that
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 02:32:36 pm »

It doesn't bother me that NFL coaches get huge salaries.  But it rubs me the wrong way when a college coach at a state funded college makes more than a professor. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 03:28:39 pm »

It doesn't bother me that NFL coaches get huge salaries.  But it rubs me the wrong way when a college coach at a state funded college makes more than a professor. 

The coach's salary is funded by revenue from the football program and only the football program.   This includes booster donations.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 03:30:35 pm »

This would never happen but I think it would be cool if students were the gameday coaches.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 03:45:03 pm »

This would never happen but I think it would be cool if students were the gameday coaches.

If you are 0-9, I think the students should be allowed to coach the final game of the season. What do you have to lose?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 04:49:18 pm »

It doesn't bother me that NFL coaches get huge salaries.  But it rubs me the wrong way when a college coach at a state funded college makes more than a professor.  
It does happen at state colleges too because of the alumni but the U is actually a private college. The Bull Gators run sports in Gainesville much more than any AD. In Tally their alumni bought out Willie Taggert's salary to bring in Mike Norvell.

The coach's salary is funded by revenue from the football program and only the football program.   This includes booster donations.
Some billionaire alumni who are tired of losing stepped in to cover he and his coaches salaries as well as travel and recruiting expenses. Most long term Canes and writers didn't think it would happen right up until it did.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 04:50:52 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray