Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:52:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Woodford Reserve Bourbon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Woodford Reserve Bourbon  (Read 2155 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: December 16, 2021, 05:03:26 pm »

Has anyone ever tried this stuff?   It's an excellent quality bourbon.   I've never had a bourbon as smooth and sweet as this.  It's got a bit of a spicy finish but doesn't burn anywhere close the way Jack Daniels and Jim Beam do.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 05:23:49 pm »

Never tried it.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 08:56:55 pm »

Yeah it's a good one.  Bulleit bourbon is my personal favorite bourbon.  I prefer an aged single malt scotch though for top tier whiskies.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 09:05:58 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 09:09:05 pm »

I am a bourbon drinker so I have had my fair share. I like it.

Side note pet peeve, Jack Daniels is not bourbon.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 08:28:00 am »

Yeah it's a good one.  Bulleit bourbon is my personal favorite bourbon.  I prefer an aged single malt scotch though for top tier whiskies.

If you like Bulleit, you'll love Knob Creek.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 09:02:08 am »

I am a bourbon drinker so I have had my fair share. I like it.

Side note pet peeve, Jack Daniels is not bourbon.
Yeah technically it's Tennessee whiskey, but it's not much different then bourbon.  But you're right, not bourbon.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 09:29:09 am »

It's the same thing as saying that sparkling champagne style wine from california isn't champagne, because it didn't come from the champagne region of  france .. and sure .. that's right, but again who cares.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 10:15:13 am »

It's the same thing as saying that sparkling champagne style wine from california isn't champagne, because it didn't come from the champagne region of  france .. and sure .. that's right, but again who cares.

Bleh.  Not a champagne guy.   The only time you'll see me drinking it is on New Years Eve or at someone's wedding.  I'm strictly bourbon and beer.   
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 12:18:18 pm »

I usually just buy Jim Beam or Makers Mark. But I've been drinking the Everclear mostly lately. I find it's neutral flavor profile good for mixed drinks. Not to mention a regular drink only needs 1/2 ounce instead of 1.5 ounces. So you get 3 times as many drinks out of a bottle, hahaha.......

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 02:45:49 pm »

A friend came over a couple of weeks ago to watch the Dolphins game and brought me a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed. I can honestly say it's a pretty smooth bourbon and will warm you up rather quickly ... hahaha.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2021, 10:25:11 pm »

Bourbon drinkers who get offered that Tennessee piss water.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2021, 07:20:01 am »

Has anyone ever tried this stuff?   It's an excellent quality bourbon.   I've never had a bourbon as smooth and sweet as this.  It's got a bit of a spicy finish but doesn't burn anywhere close the way Jack Daniels and Jim Beam do.

As someone who loves a single malt scotch whisky, Woodford Reserve is my go to for bourbon - it's soft and spicy, and dare I say, sophisticated for a bourbon.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2021, 07:58:07 am »

As someone who loves a single malt scotch whisky, Woodford Reserve is my go to for bourbon - it's soft and spicy, and dare I say, sophisticated for a bourbon.

Funny thing is, I never even noticed it existed until when I first tried it last week.   I discovered it because my managers and I do a bottle exchange the week before Christmas.   We each bring a wrapped, unmarked bottle of liquor in the $30 range and give it to the person whose name you draw.  Sorta like our own version of Secret Santa.

I'm glad my dispatch manager drew my name.   Cheesy
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2021, 12:11:47 pm »

Bourbon drinkers who get offered that Tennessee piss water.
Give me some Tennessee Honey any day over and expensive bourbon. When you have to sip on a drink because it burns or tastes like crap then I see no reason to drink it. Seems to me most high end drinkers do it because it's the it thing to do rather than because they like it. Eventually they get hooked like smokers but no one just likes it from the beginning.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2022, 01:22:02 pm »

I bought some this weekend.  You guys were right, it's pretty tasty.  So I've got Bulleit and Woodford as my top two, and I need to try Knob Creek next. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray