Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:59:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Big Ben calls it a career
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Big Ben calls it a career  (Read 836 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: January 27, 2022, 10:27:36 am »

Ben Rothlisberger has officially announced his retirement.   Now he can go ride motorcycles and get hit by cars all he wants without drawing the ire of anyone but other drivers.

And now the Steelers need a starting caliber QB.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-legend-ben-roethlisberger-officially-announces-his-retirement-from-the-nfl/
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 10:50:34 am »

The way the Steelers have gone about looking for a QB, you would think Big Ben played in every game the past 5 years and was the league MVP. This is not the draft to find a QB and good ones almost never make it to free agency. So, they're kinda screwed.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 11:36:28 am »

I can see them bringing in Jameis Winston.   He has always expressed a desire to play in Pennsylvania and a strong handed coach like Mike Tomlin would be perfect for him to work on not throwing so many picks.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 12:38:13 pm »

Now let's see if Tomlin makes the same mistake next year as Payton made this year by following his team into the abyss. Payton wouldn't never have been successful again in New Orleans without Brees.

And I'm making the prediction that Tomlin will never be successful again in Pittsburg without Roethlisberger. Both coaches and both QBs on those two teams have been obsolete for years now. 

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 04:50:26 pm »

I could see Pittsburgh going after Rodgers, I think he would fit in well there for a couple seasons.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray