Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:54:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jeter steps down in Miami
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jeter steps down in Miami  (Read 1298 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: February 28, 2022, 04:53:09 pm »

It remains to be seen why exactly the abrubt exit but Jeter saying they are better today then when he got there is pretty marginal at best. I'm guessing the new owners are just as stingy as the last.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 05:27:35 pm »

Miami deserves whatever they get from the Marlins.   No city should EVER be using taxpayer funds to build a team a new stadium or even renovate an existing one.   
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 08:38:39 am »

It remains to be seen why exactly the abrubt exit but Jeter saying they are better today then when he got there is pretty marginal at best. I'm guessing the new owners are just as stingy as the last.

Jeter used his last nickel to become an owner and then the team immediately cut costs, even announcing they would be dumping Stanton so that they got pennies on the dollar for him in a trade. I love Jeter the player but as CEO, he was an asshole. Told a guy to fire a list of people then fire himself on the way out. Hope he doesn't come back to the Yankees in any office capacity, it's bad enough with the Steinbrenner sons pretending they are on welfare.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 08:58:43 am »

He'll probably go into broadcasting.   I can see him in the FOX studio next to Big Papi Ortiz.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 09:15:56 am »

He'll probably go into broadcasting.   I can see him in the FOX studio next to Big Papi Ortiz.

He is too corporate, has no personality. Jeter is a brand, not a man. Guys like A-Rod and Papi can joke around but Jeter is too polished to offer any interesting insight or fun stories.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 01:22:04 pm »

Jeter used his last nickel to become an owner and then the team immediately cut costs, even announcing they would be dumping Stanton so that they got pennies on the dollar for him in a trade. I love Jeter the player but as CEO, he was an asshole. Told a guy to fire a list of people then fire himself on the way out. Hope he doesn't come back to the Yankees in any office capacity, it's bad enough with the Steinbrenner sons pretending they are on welfare.
He didn't use his last nickel. Jeter has earned around 500 million between salaries and endorsements. He spent pennies and did a shitty job so the Marlins have seen no return in him leading. They have a lot of investors that need to make money. In all honesty it doesn't look like he was ever committed to the long haul.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 02:24:25 pm »

He didn't use his last nickel. Jeter has earned around 500 million between salaries and endorsements. He spent pennies and did a shitty job so the Marlins have seen no return in him leading. They have a lot of investors that need to make money. In all honesty it doesn't look like he was ever committed to the long haul.

This a good thing for the Marlins.  Maybe they'll get an owner who is committed to winning and selling baseball in this vibrant Latin community.   At least with him gone, they'll quit being the Yankees personal AAA club.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 04:24:36 pm »

This a good thing for the Marlins.  Maybe they'll get an owner who is committed to winning and selling baseball in this vibrant Latin community.   At least with him gone, they'll quit being the Yankees personal AAA club.
They aren't getting a new owner as they already have 16 15 with Michael Jordon being one. At least he was part of this group but who knows now.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray