Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:09:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Stefon Diggs Signs 4 Year Extension $104 Million
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stefon Diggs Signs 4 Year Extension $104 Million  (Read 675 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: April 06, 2022, 10:20:21 am »

$70 Million guaranteed.

With WR prices exploding, this was sadly a smart move on Buffalo's part. He will be in Buffalo for the next 6 years unless he falls off a cliff.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 10:42:40 am »

$70 Million guaranteed.

With WR prices exploding, this was sadly a smart move on Buffalo's part. He will be in Buffalo for the next 6 years unless he falls off a cliff.

And if he does fall of a cliff within the next two years, it may not be a smart move...

I can't help thinking that today's WR with these prices is getting a bit like RBs from about 10 years ago... good money if you can get it, but eventually they will be beaten up enough through things like crossing patterns that the price will eventually crash. Diggs is good, really good, but he ain't no Jerry Rice... or Randy Moss either.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 10:58:09 am »

And if he does fall of a cliff within the next two years, it may not be a smart move...

I can't help thinking that today's WR with these prices is getting a bit like RBs from about 10 years ago... good money if you can get it, but eventually they will be beaten up enough through things like crossing patterns that the price will eventually crash. Diggs is good, really good, but he ain't no Jerry Rice... or Randy Moss either.

The prices either crash or the salary cap goes up. The LT Market was definitely a bubble and I think it will start going down a bit thanks to the Armstead contract. The WR market won't go down for years but these things usually correct themselves over time with advanced metrics. That's why the RB Market died, people started to see how these guys couldn't last and the difference between the 4th best RB and 18th best RB was negligible.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray